Posted 05 December 2009 - 14:25

Linux.org

#2 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 05 December 2009 - 14:37

not too familiar with how the whole Linux community works are you... you can get all the information you need about linux for FREE from its community and always have been able to .

#3 vetmarkjensen

markjensen

Linux noob since Red Hat 5.1

• Phone: Android and iPhone

Posted 05 December 2009 - 15:24

I think he was just posting a link to a documentation source to be helpful. Not announcing "new news".

In that vein, let me post something from IBM that may be useful. They have put a lot of work into their Developer Works section. (Y)

#4 Barney T.

Barney T.

Debian Linux: I'm Loving It!

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 05 December 2009 - 15:29

I think he was just posting a link to a documentation source to be helpful. Not announcing "new news".

In that vein, let me post something from IBM that may be useful. They have put a lot of work into their Developer Works section. (Y)

I agree. Thanks, Mark!

#5 OP Behemoth

Behemoth

Resident Lunatic

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:01

not too familiar with how the whole Linux community works are you... you can get all the information you need about linux for FREE from its community and always have been able to .

Wow - just trying to be helpful...maybe someone could find this link useful. I'll be sure to consult with you before I make any further Linux posts.

Edited by Behemoth, 06 December 2009 - 06:12.

#6 Lilrich

Lilrich

Apple Fan-Boi

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:46

Wow - just trying to be helpful...maybe someone could find this link useful. I'll be sure to consult with you before I make any further Linux posts.

+1

#7 Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill

Neowinian

Posted 08 December 2009 - 14:20

Here's another one, some of the books will overlap with the ones that Behemoth linked to on the site in his OP, but focuses more
narrowly on the technical side of things:

http://www.e-booksdi...php?category=27

#8 Subject Delta

Subject Delta

Father...it's me, Eleanor

Posted 08 December 2009 - 15:28

A little extra info on Linux is always welcome, as I still don't really understand it in depth as I do Windows. Thanks (Y)

#9 HeretikSaint

HeretikSaint

Neowinian

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:37

Thanks for this post. I'll be using this link. The post is greatly appreciated despite what anyone else says. The Linux community is awesome but sometimes it is helpful to try and research what you need while you are waiting for the community to respond to your question. Also, I find that I tend to remember things when I've researched the answer myself instead of having the answer spoon-fed to me. Again, thanks for this link. +1 for sure.

P.S. Don't let other members discourage you from sharing your finds.

#10 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 January 2012 - 19:32

Thanks for this post. I'll be using this link. The post is greatly appreciated despite what anyone else says. The Linux community is awesome but sometimes it is helpful to try and research what you need while you are waiting for the community to respond to your question. Also, I find that I tend to remember things when I've researched the answer myself instead of having the answer spoon-fed to me. Again, thanks for this link. +1 for sure.

P.S. Don't let other members discourage you from sharing your finds.

Too true. Thanx for the OP.