how to disable 'Credential manager single sign on'

Do you wish to disable the caching of credentials? Set the "Require Domain Controller authentication to unlock workstation policy" group policy and set the CachedLogonsCount to 0.

Do you wish to disable the caching of credentials? Set the "Require Domain Controller authentication to unlock workstation policy" group policy and set the CachedLogonsCount to 0.

Please tell me the steps . where from shall I start ? is it , start > run > then ?

I want to do this because everytime i get this irritating pop up for log on ....i don't want it.

What "irritating pop up for log on ....i don't want it." Could you post a screen shot of this popup? Or could you give some more details of when it happens -- what exactly its asking for.

Are you on a domain, workgroup - what file shares are you accessing?

I do not believe that is a part of vista -- is this a HP computer? If so you might try this which seems to be all over the net as a solution

On ALT+CTRL+DEL logon screen, select Change User.

Select Credential Manager

Click Logon Using Wizard

DO NOT login yet, it wil not work

In the botom of that screen, click more options.

Select "do not login with credential manager"

Login using normal credentials.

Now you schould be able to login

in control panel, go to "Credentials Manager" (thats what its called in 7, can't remember about vista, it might be password vault?) and that will list all the saved credentials