Photo

Lock down text boxes/ table cells in word?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:45

Is it possible to lock down text boxes or table cells in word so their size cannot be altered. I've searched google and office online but haven't got the results i need.

I've created a document layout for other members of staff to use but my boss want it set so they cant alter the formatting of the document, all they need to be able to do is enter text in the boxes and save it. using the lock down feature in word does not do this.

it's word 2007

#2 Salgoth

Salgoth

Outwitted but Enlightened

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:51

Essentially you've created a fillable form in Word 2007. Correct?

"Developer" tab > "Controls" > "Legacy Tools" > "Legacy Forms" > "Text Form Field" - this is the only fillable control I know of in Word which lets you set a character limit for the control. Once you add the form field you can right click it to set a default entry and a maximum number of characters.

When your form is complete: "Developer" tab > "Protect Document" >"Allow only this type of editing: Filling in Forms" > Start Protection > Add password.

Do not save as a document, save as a template. That way when you're users double-click the template it generates a new copy of the form ready to be completed.

Hope this helps.

#3 OP goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:24

Essentially you've created a fillable form in Word 2007. Correct?

"Developer" tab > "Controls" > "Legacy Tools" > "Legacy Forms" > "Text Form Field" - this is the only fillable control I know of in Word which lets you set a character limit for the control. Once you add the form field you can right click it to set a default entry and a maximum number of characters.

When your form is complete: "Developer" tab > "Protect Document" >"Allow only this type of editing: Filling in Forms" > Start Protection > Add password.

Do not save as a document, save as a template. That way when you're users double-click the template it generates a new copy of the form ready to be completed.

Hope this helps.

This is PERFECT, thank you so much.