What language is microsoft's software made in?

Question

hey every1,

plz could someone tell me what language microsoft is made in?

thanx

Adrian.

p.s. i was ment to say what language is microsoft's software made in as the topic title

Ok, thanks for the advice everyone. I wish my school taught C++. I think HTML is about all we learn, but you can take the A+ Certification test. Speaking of that, is it one test or is it like Microsoft's MCSE tests, where there are several of them??? Also, what do they give you to study for it; a huge book??? I'm really looking forward to taking the test. My teacher said that no one has ever taken it and I would like to be the first to take it. I would just like to know what kind of studying I'm going to have to do to pass it.....??? I'm not to sure which way I want to go in the computer world. Hardware or software....??? I can build computers, but no one gets rich from that these days. Software, as in being a programmer, that just sounds really confusing and I don't know if I will like it, but I guess I'll have to try it and see. Thanks again for all the help and I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer my A+ Certification questions. Thanks!!!!

I Am Still in skool 12 and in yr 7 and we have a cool Nw Admin and basicly puter nerd and he is getting me to lear VB first then go on to C++ next year

Ok, thanks for the advice everyone. I wish my school taught C++. I think HTML is about all we learn, but you can take the A+ Certification test. Speaking of that, is it one test or is it like Microsoft's MCSE tests, where there are several of them??? Also, what do they give you to study for it; a huge book??? I'm really looking forward to taking the test. My teacher said that no one has ever taken it and I would like to be the first to take it. I would just like to know what kind of studying I'm going to have to do to pass it.....??? I'm not to sure which way I want to go in the computer world. Hardware or software....??? I can build computers, but no one gets rich from that these days. Software, as in being a programmer, that just sounds really confusing and I don't know if I will like it, but I guess I'll have to try it and see. Thanks again for all the help and I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer my A+ Certification questions. Thanks!!!!

A+ test is a joke man, you don't need to know much to pass, at least thats what I've been hearing, its one test not a set of tests, mostly hardware you can get a book and learn it easily if you don't already know how to repair a pc

look "mot" or wateva your name is. My I.T. teacher who is a microsoft certified professional has seen my work on each of the languages and has approved me.

And also your 16, so your still a kid and i wouldnt consider you an adult by the crude way to talk. YOU are the 1 who is in the phase of going saying "im gonna h4x0r your computer, ph34r me!".

You are just sad, i mean look at dewy128, hes only 12 and he's going in C++ programming.

The languages i already know are not hard, maybe they are hard for a "n00b" like you.

Edited by Adrian

I Am Still in skool 12 and in yr 7 and we have a cool Nw Admin and basicly puter nerd and he is getting me to lear VB first then go on to C++ next year

Perhaps he should teach you English and grammar first, eh?

Plz Can We Move Back On Topic!!

The Question Was What Books Would You Recommend For Programming In C

And

Advice On Where To Start

look "mot" or wateva your name is. My I.T. teacher who is a microsoft certified professional has seen my work on each of the languages and has approved me.

And also your 16, so your still a kid and i wouldnt consider you an adult by the crude way to talk. YOU are the 1 who is in the phase of going saying "im gonna h4x0r your computer, ph34r me!".

You are just sad, i mean look at dewy128, hes only 12 and he's going in C++ programming.

The languages i already know are not hard, maybe they are hard for a "n00b" like you.

Lol, your I.T teacher has M$ certification, congrats little fella, so do I; it's nothing special. I'm 16 yes, a kid? No, I consider myself a young man, as do the people i'm around (adult-wise) Now, what would make you think i'm in the phase of [life,puberty] saying "I'm gonna h4x0r your computer ph34r me?"

First, it's p33r, second, I bypassed that phase youngin'. As previously stated, not just by myself, (however i'll repetend this again) You can't/didn't/won't learn 5-8 programming languages (sufficient amounts to be considered knowledgable enough to write any reliable code) over the summer. Many professional programmers pick a language or two, or even three, and focus their entire careers around them...half the the languages you just named, as I stated before, are sliver languages, or not even programming languages at all. (ASP.Net? ASP? Hello, that's not a full-fledged language, more like server-side includes variations misc. and whatnot)

"You are just sad, i mean look at dewy128, hes only 12 and he's going in C++ programming"

Yeah, i'm sure after giving up on C++ 2 weeks after cracking the cplusplus.com tutorials he'll consider himself all-knowing on the subject; following what seems to be your patternization of language hopping.

"The languages i already know are not hard, maybe they are hard for a "n00b" like you."

Most of the 'languages' you know, as I said before, aren't even languages at all.

Go play with a real language like Perl or C# and stop wasting our time here.

http://tactic007.virtualave.net/Perl/manager.txt

Credentials enough? I won't start bragging, that's just one of the things i've done recently; and I wrote that for my school "I.T" (sysadmin)

wasting your time, your the one that is wasting everyones time by criticizing everything i say. And as a matter of fact, i started this topic to ask people which of the c languages i should start learning.

And infact, asp.net is basically vb/c its based on those languages.

And as you stated before "If you know perl, you pretty much know php", i already to know PHP.

So lets just stop fighting as a civilized adult would do and get back on topic!

By the way folks, sorry I have to come in here and sort of troll or flame like this (call it what you will) I know i'm lowering myself to an (obviously) lower level, it's just, there's a lot of kids like this at my school, that learn the <b> tag and think they're gods, and I worked hard to know what I know and to get where I have been able to come and it really irritates me to see people thinking they're hot **** when in reality, they're just newbies, sorry once again (someone had to do it).

wasting your time, your the one that is wasting everyones time by criticizing everything i say. And as a matter of fact, i started this topic to ask people which of the c languages i should start learning.

And infact, asp.net is basically vb/c its based on those languages.

And as you stated before "If you know perl, you pretty much know php", i already to know PHP.

So lets just stop fighting as a civilized adult would do and get back on topic!

Sorry bubba, if you know perl you know PHP, not the other way around, it's not a unilateral feature, you can't add a language to your tally just yet. I wouldn't have opened this thread with my mind set in flame-mode if the topic wasn't so ungodly off and ignorant sounding.

I am also sorry mot, because i am 13, people always thing, oh hes immature he doesnt know anything, so i just get a bit offended when people say this.

Sorry man.

Adrian.

I am also sorry mot, because i am 13, people always thing, oh hes immature he doesnt know anything, so i just get a bit offended when people say this.

Sorry man.

Adrian.

'he's immature, he doesn't know anything'

That's true..that's life, deal with it.

hey, im glad we're not fighting now, i didnt really want to spoil this topic anymore.

Anyways, Back on topic

What books would you recommend

And

Advice on starting C programming

First off, go with C#

and STICK TO IT, don't language hop, pretending you know more than you really do, knowing a little bit of all those languages isn't squat, stick to 1 at first, then find a language similar to that.

Yes, but C/C++ (regardless of what the old-timers say) is coming to an end in the near future, however, if you persist, learning C would be a good idea, try C then C# perhaps.

C, C++ are always good, theres demand in the industry for them.....also JAVA but its not as umm.... wanted?

--EDIT--

WOOO! :woot: WOOO! :woot: WOOO! :woot: WOOO! :woot: WOOO! :woot: WOOO! :woot: WOOO! :woot: WOOO! :woot: WOOO!

MY 400th POST!

My guess would be that all their Windows software is made in C++ with MFC or Win32 API. I haven't seen many MS apps made in VB or .NET.

by the way Adrian... to become a microsoft certified professional (MCP) you have to take only ONE test. you can choose from almost any of their exams, so a MCP really doesn't mean a whole lot.

it does, however, sound good on paper to an employer who isn't sure what it means.

hi ike, me and mot have finished out strife, i dont know much about becoming microsoft certified professional, but as you said, it does sound good when people say that they are.