Windows 7 client continually connects as 'Unauthenticated'

I've been searching for an answer to this, and it seems a few others are having this issue as well.

Setup is Server 2008 R2 (this issue has occurred since upgrading from 2008). An active directory domain is setup and when logging in I often get an 'Unauthenticated' connection with a yellow warning triangle (7/10 times), this also causes a long login event.

I am also getting some errors such as 'Name resolution for the name PC.Domain.local timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded' 'The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ldap/Domain.local/Domain.local@Domain.LOCAL. No authentication protocol was available' 'Name resolution for the name PC.Domain.local timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.'

Now I don't know of any network issues, I can talk to the DNS/Domain Controller fine (Same machine), and I had the exact same configuration with server 2008 and no issues, I'm wondering if it is a security setting that is making requests time out? I've tried leaving and rejoining domain, deleting workstation, formatting, deleting Network locations in registry.

• 10 months later...

I've been searching for an answer to this, and it seems a few others are having this issue as well.

Setup is Server 2008 R2 (this issue has occurred since upgrading from 2008). An active directory domain is setup and when logging in I often get an 'Unauthenticated' connection with a yellow warning triangle (7/10 times), this also causes a long login event.

I am also getting some errors such as 'Name resolution for the name PC.Domain.local timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded' 'The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ldap/Domain.local/Domain.local@Domain.LOCAL. No authentication protocol was available' 'Name resolution for the name PC.Domain.local timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.'

Now I don't know of any network issues, I can talk to the DNS/Domain Controller fine (Same machine), and I had the exact same configuration with server 2008 and no issues, I'm wondering if it is a security setting that is making requests time out? I've tried leaving and rejoining domain, deleting workstation, formatting, deleting Network locations in registry.

Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue?