Windows live messenger 2011 help with nickname change

Hello there.

How can I get to change my nickname on WLM2011?, for some reason it has my profile/account name displayed. Is the nickname option gone for good in this new version or what's the issue here?

Thanks.

It now displays your Profile/Account name and doesn't allow you to set Nicknames.

so far theres no way that i can see to change it , send feedback to the team if you want this changed its the only way to let them know.

same here, i'm switching back, my friends can't talk to me!!

Haha, they can, if you just open any chat window and click on "Appear online to everyone"

Hope that helps.

• 4 months later...

Help. I have this same problem and I understand I can't use nick names!! whatever!! but what I have come across is is my old nick name and that status line "beside the nick name in darker color" is stuck to my old msn so other see me as my nickname and old status not my new stuff??? I have tried to firgure it out and change it but it seems anyone running the old messenger see's what I used to have when I had it nothing from my new messenger 2011??

any help with this would be appreciated

I made a account on here just to ask this question

thanks

Just came across this what the flip were the devs thinkin taking out this feature which is arguably the main feautre of any online chat app. Since it's out of beta I doubt they gonna bring the nickname feature back. Uninstalls...