• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,862 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:54

I have over $45,000 tied up in lego sets :blush:

at least one of each unopened in mint condition plus one to build..... gota love collecting.....

if you want to buy old sets..... http://www.bricklink.com/

#17 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian

• 25,370 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:30

if you want to buy old sets..... http://www.bricklink.com/

Damn you for posting that link, I just might have to go on a spending spree now to complete my Police CITY collection :pinch: :laugh:

#18 Dark_ph0enix

Dark_ph0enix

Neowinian Senior

• 1,888 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:59

Posted ImagePosted Image

Came out in 1989 (was my first LEGO set ever, and still remains to be my favorite) , and had "custom pieces" (see the hull!), and you still "built this boat"..

LEGO's concept hasn't changed at all, you're just getting older.

I can't remember if I got that set for Christmas, or as a Birthday present, but I totally remember that - Childhood flashback ftw :)

#19 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,862 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 20:13

Damn you for posting that link, I just might have to go on a spending spree now to complete my Police CITY collection :pinch: :laugh:

You are welcome :laugh:

#20 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

• 7,314 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 20:16

My all time favorite set: 6915 Warp Wing Fighter. I was 7 years old when this set was released and I didn't have the money to buy it. Just a few months ago I found one relatively cheap on eBay :rofl:

Posted Image

Aww I had that, got it second hand, awesome :)

#21 OP Minifig

Minifig

Kun Det Bedste Er Godt Nok!

• 7,282 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:34

You could have asked me.. I've got a ton of references and links toward LEGO stuff. :happy:

#22 Angelic Marge

Angelic Marge

Heavenly

• 4,090 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 16:49

I still have a big bag of Lego in the cupboard from when I was a kid,I passed it on to my kids who'll pass it on to theirs :cool:

#23 Kondrath

Kondrath

Neowinian Senior

• 1,941 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 16:58

I think Lego (It's hard for me to not call them legos -__-) and K'nex are two things I'd seriously sit down and play with at any age. I never liked building the sets though. I just built whatever I wanted...

lol, a few years back I use to have a neighbor who'd come over to my house to play with them. He was a HS grad at the time and I a freshmen. We'd both build a vehicle out of legos and then launch them into each other at full force. Which ever car remained in good health won :laugh:

Man that was fun...

I have no idea what happened to all of my legos Lego:(

#24 TehShopko

TehShopko

Neowinian

• 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 17:10

I was a huge fan of LEGO intill i has like 15 then I had to give it up in fears of being made fun of. Even at 15 i was pushing it lol.I wish i could get back into LEGO's those were the days lol.

If/when you have kids, you can. :) My daughter is just now getting to the point where she can build something after picturing it in her mind. My son is younger, but he likes to play with them and make random stuff too. When they get a bit older, I went CRAZY in college for the robotic control sets. Being able to program the computer to give your creation some intelligence is such an amazing experience. I honestly think it will help take the "magic" out of electronics for my kids and teach them that they can create anything they see if they really want to.

LEGO is fun at any age. As I've grown older, I've stopped caring what anyone else thinks. Life is too short anyway, do what you enjoy! :woot:

#25 +beanboy89

beanboy89

Neowinian

• 1,376 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:50

We'd both build a vehicle out of legos and then launch them into each other at full force. Which ever car remained in good health won :laugh:

Me and my one friend used to to do that exact same thing, too. We even put Lego people in the driver's seat, and whichever vehicle came out with the least damage and the person still in the seat, came out the winner. I still remember my exact car design that was pretty much invincible. Good times.

I have all my Lego and (and K'nex) building pieces somewhere around. Might try to find them and dig them out.

#26 kazuyette

kazuyette

Neowinian

• 1,867 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 and loving it too ^^

Posted 07 April 2012 - 17:05

a bit of thread resurection never hurts :)
Here's my little collection :
IMG_5466.jpg
IMG_5467.jpg
IMG_5468.jpg
IMG_5471.jpg
IMG_5472.jpg
IMG_5473.jpg
IMG_5474.jpg
IMG_5475.jpg
IMG_5478.jpg
IMG_5479.jpg
IMG_5480.jpg
IMG_5481.jpg
IMG_5482.jpg
IMG_5483.jpg
IMG_5484.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg
IMG_5486.jpg

Attached Images

• IMG_5478.jpg
  • IMG_5479.jpg
  • IMG_5480.jpg
  • IMG_5481.jpg
  • IMG_5482.jpg
  • IMG_5483.jpg

#27 MikroMan

MikroMan

Neowinian

• 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:22

Let's do some more thread ressurection :) I've been a LEGO fan for a long time, mostly building Mindstorms an Technic stuff but recently doing some classic system builds. However, a couple of years ago, I bought the 10172 UCS Millennium Falcon, the biggest, most badass LEGO Star Wars spaceship at the time :D A couple of pictures of it already built on my sofa:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's almost a meter long, 64 cm wide, weighs 12 kg and contains more than 5100 lego bricks. And it's already discontinued set, so the prices on the market for a used set just keep going higher. Don't gonna sell it though :)

#28 MikroMan

MikroMan

Neowinian

• 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:31

Just thought I'd share one of my creations:

Mobile Railgun Platform, featuring double tread system, rotating main railgun, frontal bumper, reinforced sides and the shiny chrome pieces on the back that represent the power generator.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:50

Mmmmm... Eggo my LEGO.

#30 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,708 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:51

Biggest issue I have with Lego is that they have lost the ability to inspire imagination...

As a kid, I had 2 Lego box sets. They were each a collection of random bricks, enough to build say a house, a car, a spaceship. Big boxes. But no overall agenda.

These days it all seems "Build this car", "build this boat" etc...

Please, if I am wrong, show me Posted Image

I can't agree with that. I love specialized non square block pieces. and they allow for even more imaginaion in my opinion. I don't do lego anymore, since I'm grown up and have fun with other things. But I wish I had all the new pieces as a kid and if I had money to waste I probably would buy new star wars stuff just for the display value.

then again, as a kid I built rather complex models and aimed more for nice looking smooth models and actually got annoyed when my friends built stupid looking square planes and space ships with straight up cockpit windows and crap like that. it's was like "Really... is that the best you can do ? Is my superior awesome looking spaceship supposed to be in the same play universe as that... block" :p