Photo

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

official rts starcraft blizzard pc

• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

Poll: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

What race do you play as (the most)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#976 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:27

I like what they're doing for the zerg race. The new Viper seems insanely useful; the speed upgrade for hydralisks should make them less horrible at everything; and I can't wait to see the new "artillery" unit that shoots Locusts. Zergs got their own Siege Tanks now!

#977 PixilEyes

PixilEyes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:35

The shredder on a mineral line drop looks kinda scary. :/

#978 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:26

I like what they're doing for the zerg race. The new Viper seems insanely useful; the speed upgrade for hydralisks should make them less horrible at everything; and I can't wait to see the new "artillery" unit that shoots Locusts. Zergs got their own Siege Tanks now!

The viper is definitely scary. As a Protoss player, I'd be really angry if my colossus was pulled down a cliff or our of my ball of gateway units. The off-creep speed upgrade for hydralisks is also something to fear. Any good Protoss or Zerg player knows that they're quite effective against gateway units. The new Protoss units are good but as always, they're expensive.

I like the new Nexus abilities: Arc Shield and Mass Recall.

The first ability adds additional shields and armour to any targeted building as well as a weapon similar to the photon cannon. I read that it can only target light units but I don't know if that is confirmed. Also, it has huge potential for cheese tactics (e.g. arc shield on stolen vespene geyser/in-base pylon). The second ability allows the player to teleport units home.

For those that aren't in the loop with the new MP details for Heart of the Swarm, you can read about it here.

#979 The Protagonist

The Protagonist

time for a little wget magic

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:49

The viper is definitely scary. As a Protoss player, I'd be really angry if my colossus was pulled down a cliff or our of my ball of gateway units. The off-creep speed upgrade for hydralisks is also something to fear. Any good Protoss or Zerg player knows that they're quite effective against gateway units. The new Protoss units are good but as always, they're expensive.

^ this, i am going to be rage quitting if my giraffes where being pulled down into zerg army :|

#980 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 23 October 2011 - 16:13

lol ^^

#981 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 October 2011 - 18:41

^ this, i am going to be rage quitting if my giraffes where being pulled down into zerg army :|

Someones a viewer of lagtv... :laugh:

I'm not sure how I feel about the new units though. The multiplayer in SC2 is way to infuriating for me so I'll hold off on buying this game until it's on sale.

#982 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 14:32

Here's a trailer for Blizzard DOTA. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

#983 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:49

HAHA! The Blizz Dota looks GREAT! I wanna play it!

#984 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:50

Lol I like it.

Seriously.

#985 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:54

I hope Hogger is in DOTA. I see Stitches made it.

#986 vetgigapixels

gigapixels

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:00

I was at BlizzCon again this year, and Blizzard DOTA is seriously amazing. I can't wait for it to be released.

I also came in here to share a link that I think may be useful to other SC noobs like myself: http://day9.tv/archives/?search=Newbie. Scroll to the bottom and just start watching them one by one. It's so great to have various aspects of the game or strategies explained completely. I've got some friends who are pretty skilled (one in Masters), but they just can't seem to explain as well as Day[9] does. And even though these are called "Newbie Tuesday," they're for players up to Gold.

Hope this helps ;)

#987 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:01

Ok Season 4 is better than I thought. Despite originally saying that the map pool would remain untouched, they still removed Searing Crater (********* map ever made) and replaced it with Metalopolis (best Blizzard-made map). So that's one very nice touch.

Among other news, I finally got placed in Master league. :cool:
Screenshot2011-10-26 01_58_58.jpg

#988 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:46

Very nice, Dr_Asik. (Y) I mostly play 2v2 with my friend and we're hoping to get placed into diamond league.

#989 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 27 October 2011 - 18:55

My friend and I want to make plat but idk if that is going to happen. The highest I have placed is silver 1v1 but we do play well together, just played our first 2v2 placement matches in previous season when i was just starting.

#990 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 27 October 2011 - 18:57

i play single player rather well however, against other people i am horrible. I have NEVER won a match :p