100 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.torchlight2game.com/

WRLC8.png
(image borrowed from http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/ )

TORCHLIGHT II

Torchlight II ignites the franchise created and developed by Runic Games in this exciting sequel to the award-winning Action RPG Torchlight. Runic Games, located in Seattle, is a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, Fate, and Torchlight, which won the Game Developer

1 person likes this

Posted

Never heard of it. :huh:

Posted

This is great news. Love Torchlight!

Posted

Woo Hoo!! Torchlight is epic!!!

Posted

Nicee ! will be looking forward to the multiplayer side ^^

Posted

Never heard of it. :huh:

Buy it on Steam then. Well worth the $20 or lower that it has cost from start if you like Action-RPG games like Diablo etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

Posted

I recently started playing some Torchlight again so I'm excited to see Torchlight 2. It's a little rough that I'm going to have to wait until spring of 2011 for it, but co-op should make it worth the wait.

Posted

:woot: loved the first version. this version sounds good :)

Posted

Awesome news. The first one was fun. It's a shame I didn't play much of it since I bought it in Dec '09. I remember reading about plans to add multiplayer to Torchlight so I'm guessing they decided to work on Torchlight II (and add MP to that instead).

Posted

Sounds awesome. I'm a huge Diablo fan, so Torchlight was a Godsend. Torchlight 2 should be even better by the sound of it, so it's definitely going to help tide me over until Diablo 3 comes out.

Posted

The first was fun for a bit, but I got bored of it pretty quick. Maybe the new Co-op mode will change that. I an surprised they announced this so soon, less then a year after the first released and they are already announcing the sequel.

I have a feeling what happened is the features they wanted to add to the first (I remember reading that they were going to add Multiplayer to the first game) grew too large, so they decided they would release it as a sequel instead of updating the first one that much.

Posted

i love the first one, so looking forward to this one for sure (Y)

Posted

Torchlight got boring REALLY fast.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.

Posted

Torchlight got boring REALLY fast.

I disagree, and still play Torchlight now and then. Well I didn't play the game 24/7 when it arrived, I prefer a more leisurely pace at high difficulty level.

It's not about a deep story, it's about smashing an endless horde of monsters in different ways and getting loot. Well that's what I play the genre for anyway.

Posted

Awesome. I enjoyed the first one a lot.

Can't wait to play some online co-op :D

Posted

The first was fun for a bit, but I got bored of it pretty quick. Maybe the new Co-op mode will change that.

Same here... Usually when I hear about a Diablo II ladder reset I want to start playing it again. Now I hear this news and I don't think I will rush home playing Torchlight tonight. I will nonetheless look for Torchlight 2 as I did with the 1st one because price was attractive and also the fact that co-op will add a lot to the experience.

Posted

Can. Not. Wait!

I got so hooked on Torchlight last December when I grabbed it at half-price during the sale period. It's such a fun game and it kept me going back again and again. Me and my bro have always said it could only have been more fun if it had co-op so we could play through it together so this announcement has pretty much made my day :)

Posted

There will probably be 3-4 Torchlight game before Diablo 3 arrives xD Can't wait for this sequel!

Posted

A bunch of info from a Shotgun Podcast. Runicgamesfansite.com sums it up good:

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/content.php?1102-Shotgun-Podcast-with-Runic-about-Torchlight-II

Some of the points:

• The Railman class is "an engineer turned into a melee tank." They are charged with developing transportation and pushing it into the wilderness.
  • The Outlander is a hybrid of ranged with "superstitious magic." Survivalist vibe.
  • Identification system will be changed, if not completely removed.
  • The loot you see drop will belong only to you, and item trading will be available. Trading interface included, but you can throw things on the ground for anyone to pick up if you want.
  • Co-op is a minimum of four players, and a possible maximum of eight. Summons are a major factor in these numbers. Not finalized.
  • More monsters scaling this time, not as much as oblivion but better than the main dungeon in the original game.
  • PvP might appear in the game, but it won't be possible to do it cheat-free. (due to heavy modability and p2p multiplayer probably)
  • Skill system has changed.
  • The world will be divided into zones with sub-areas, and random outdoors.
  • Three major distinct outdoor types - Grassy mountain Steppes, Desert and Dark, Spooky Battlefield Forest (Swamp?)
  • 200+ Unique weapon models.
  • New weapon types, including Cannons and Fist weapons.
  • No mounts.
  • Price point close to the last game.

Posted

I really enjoyed the game,..... for a bit over 2 days (but I played a lot for those 2 days)

Posted

I played this game on a friend's GNU plus Linux box at the university. It was quite amusing although the monsters and maps were a bit repetitive.

While the developers didn't release a native GNU plus Linux client they made quite an effort to ease the experience for gamers willing to purchase the game and run it via Wine.

Posted

It's really fun..for about an hour. Worst use of my money in a long time. It isn't as exciting as some people are making it out to be.

Posted

Torchlight II teaser trailer released at GamesCom.

Note, it's about 0:48 of blablabla, the actions starts after that. ;)

"HD" link;

&hd=1

Looks awesome! Great new spell effects, great looking monsters... and multiplayer. :woot:

Posted

Hmmm... coming in 2011.

Man, if this gets released anywhere near Diablo 3 the investors are going

to be ****ed. <--Angry.

Just sayin'.