Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

You got me there, older articles said he didn't want too but seems like he's changed his mind!

Benefit of yhe doubt, it could also be him throwing us off whether Batman dies or not in Rises.

You got me there, older articles said he didn't want too but seems like he's changed his mind!

If you read the quote it was contingent upon Christopher Nolan being behind it, so it looks like there is still no chance of him returning.

Did anyone see the Man of Steel teaser in front of TDKR? DID YOU GET GOOSEBUMPS?

I'm looking forward to it but no, I wasn't impressed with the trailer.

Fantastic film. A couple of parts that irked me, and I honestly don't think it lived up to the second movie in the series, but well worth the ticket price and time.

My rating: 8/10

It was a decent film but the beginning lacked focus and some of the characters seemed a bit contrived.

I found the scene where Robin was trying to save a single bus full of children to be ludicrous when there were millions of people in the city that needed to escape.

And despite its length the film still felt a bit rushed. Bane was okay as an adversary but I wasn't particularly impressed with his portrayal - I thought the Arkham games did a better job. And I found the audio quality to be pretty poor, with background noises, excessive reverb and Bane's electro-voice making dialogue hard to make out at times. I think it's the weakest film of the trilogy but still an excellent film and I much prefer the style to that of the Marvel films.

I'd like to see this style of film continued, though it would be great for the team behind the Batman trilogy to focus on some of the other DC characters. I'd love to see the Justice League done properly, especially after what they did in Smallville - but it would be a huge challenge to compete with the Avengers, particularly when most of the Marvel characters have their own films to develop the characters. Anther option would be a film that focuses on one of the traditional villains and what drives them to do what they do.

they had to dub the parts that used IMAX cameras. this may have had an impact on the sound quality (or not). and bane's voice was so annoying

Top film, saw it last night (Yes saw the Superman teaser) remember it's just a teaser so no real good footage from the actual film. Just to tease. But can't wait to see that film next year. Batman was awesome! Bane played by Tom Hardy was up there with Joker played by the late Heath Ledger. The voice thing alot of people are saying you don't understand it. I did.. or maybe because i'm british and the actor is british. I think it made Bane more dark, more scary so thumps up from me. Fact that Tom Hardy trained hard to become him. Overall the film was a very good. 10/10 from me!

Just came back from watching it and a fitting end to the trilogy. :) I have hard time deciding if this ranks above TDK but really liked it in the end! Tom Hardy has done an excellent job in portraying Bane, especially his dialogue delivery is spectacular (a bit difficult to understand at times though).

Overall 9/10.

I didn't like the whole bomb couting down stuff. :/ They could've chosen a better plot device.

Bane played by Tom Hardy was up there with Joker played by the late Heath Ledger. The voice thing alot of people are saying you don't understand it. I did.. or maybe because i'm british and the actor is british.

I'm British as well but still found it very difficult to make out what he was saying at points. I really had to concentrate to understand each sentence, which makes it more difficult to enjoy the film. And there's no way that Bane even came close to the standard of the Joker, though that's mainly because the character was barely developed - the character was a bit one-dimensional, especially after the portrayal of Two-Face and the Joker in the previous film.

they had to dub the parts that used IMAX cameras. this may have had an impact on the sound quality (or not). and bane's voice was so annoying

Ah, I just read up about it. Apparently the IMAX cameras are very noisy, which would interfere with the audio quality. It also seems strange that only 40-50 mins of the film was IMAX and the rest was either 35mm or 70mm - it would make more sense to be all or nothing. *shrugs*

Don't forget, Bane is supposed to be Colombian so one would assume Hardy was trying to impart that inflection in his accent. So I'm sure that combined with the voice stuff to begin with made things hard for some to understand, British or not :)

I'm British as well but still found it very difficult to make out what he was saying at points. I really had to concentrate to understand each sentence, which makes it more difficult to enjoy the film. And there's no way that Bane even came close to the standard of the Joker, though that's mainly because the character was barely developed - the character was a bit one-dimensional, especially after the portrayal of Two-Face and the Joker in the previous film.

Ah, I just read up about it. Apparently the IMAX cameras are very noisy, which would interfere with the audio quality. It also seems strange that only 40-50 mins of the film was IMAX and the rest was either 35mm or 70mm - it would make more sense to be all or nothing. *shrugs*

It could have also been the theater you went to. I spent more money last night and went to a better theater. The speakers were much better and I was able to understand Bane the entire time.

As for the IMAX comment, why complain about it for The Dark Knight Rises and not for The Dark Knight? He did the exact same thing four years ago. This movie actually has even more IMAX shots than the last. If you go the Trivia section in IMDB, it points out that certain scenes were not filming correctly in IMAX so Nolan chose to record them with different cameras.

I saw this yesterday: I found the first third or so very good, but then I felt the plot become less and less interesting; more & more overblown. I can't stand how they have to hammer in the "human emotion", in the hammy manner they do. It seems really out of place.

Begins is still the best of the three.

I thought Hardy was great as Bane though, and I don't get the critisim of his voice, though hard to hear at times, I felt it fit well.

I didn't like the whole bomb couting down stuff. :/ They could've chosen a better plot device.

I thought the same exact thing, especially since when Bane is

first talking about the bomb, he said "by my calculations it has 5 months before it goes off," indicating there was no sort of timer. Then all of a sudden when the movie needs it, the bomb has a timer.

Definitely thought that was a bit cheesy.

Overall it is a great movie though. My favorite overall of the trilogy actually. And I really, really liked the other 2 movies.

Tickets are book for next 3 days here in almost every cinema, Guess i'll have to wait. :(

Not that it matters, especially with the shooting in Colorado and all. But TDKR (more than likely, only estimates out right now and nothing official) didn't come anywhere near the opening of the Avengers. All the reporting companies and all the studios "banded" together to withhold the weekend numbers out of respect for those affected by the shooting and won't release any numbers until Monday morning.

Still, according to some sources it did around $70m or so Friday, and only (based on that and stuff) did about $165m this weekend. Whether or not that's the actual figure remains to be seen. And whether or not the shooting in Colorado had any effect on the movie this weekend (all movies actually) won't be known for awhile I imagine.

But like I said, it doesn't really matter much considering what happened and what's going on now in Colordao.

Is it really out of place though? He's a broken man, both mentally and physically at the end of TDK.

I get that, but the manner in which they do it, just seems remedial.

It could have also been the theater you went to. I spent more money last night and went to a better theater. The speakers were much better and I was able to understand Bane the entire time.

Yes, but I've seen plenty of other films at the same cinema and never had any trouble making out dialogue. It was clearly an artistic decision to include a lot of background noise and ambience - a decision that I don't agree with. I'm familiar with sound recording and production, as I studied it at degree level. That said, it was a minor issue.

As for the IMAX comment, why complain about it for The Dark Knight Rises and not for The Dark Knight? He did the exact same thing four years ago. This movie actually has even more IMAX shots than the last.

Stop making assumptions. My criticism obviously applies equally to TDK. I'm not a fan of the aspect ratio changing throughout the film, as I found it distracting (the Blu-ray version that is). But again, it's a minor issue.

I thought the same exact thing, especially since when Bane is

first talking about the bomb, he said "by my calculations it has 5 months before it goes off," indicating there was no sort of timer. Then all of a sudden when the movie needs it, the bomb has a timer.

Definitely thought that was a bit cheesy.

I agree. The entire plot point was rather contrived and I don't think the

jump in time

was necessary or particularly well conveyed.

It also seemed completely implausible that the device would have such a specific countdown timer. But then the microwave emitter of Batman Begins was equally implausible, as it would have microwaved all the water in people's bodies.

It strikes me that when spending a quarter of a billion dollars on a film that you'd have people examining the plausibility of all the main plot points. Prometheus was one of the worst offenders recently, as none of the characters were at all plausible and it had so many plot holes.

I must say... the dynamic range at the cinema I was watching it in was terrible. Everything was either quite or ridiculously loud, to the point where the speakers were starting degrade the sound ith everything blaring away at full blast.

The film itself though? Probably one of the most satisfying conclusions to a film saga I've seen in a long time, though I don't think there was enough screen time for either Catwoman, or frankly, Batman.

I agree. The entire plot point was rather contrived and I don't think the

jump in time

was necessary or particularly well conveyed.

It also seemed completely implausible that the device would have such a specific countdown timer. But then the microwave emitter of Batman Begins was equally implausible, as it would have microwaved all the water in people's bodies.

It strikes me that when spending a quarter of a billion dollars on a film that you'd have people examining the plausibility of all the main plot points. Prometheus was one of the worst offenders recently, as none of the characters were at all plausible and it had so many plot holes.

every time I watch Batman Begins, I always think Liam Neeson should be the first guy killed when he turns it on :laugh:

• Like 1

I personally loved the movie and thought it was a great ending to a triology - One of the best honestly. The movie was very well written/directed and it bought a lot of tension in certain areas. Bane was a great character I thought and Selena (aka Cat Woman) was very well played by Anne Hathaway. My only question was

at the end of the movie, how did Robin know where the new Batcave was?

My only question was

How did he even know Bruce Wayne was Batman? We're supposed to believe it was because of the look in his eyes? It was the same with Bane finding his identity and the location of all his tech... yet not the Batcave. The audience was just expected to accept it at face value.

I personally loved the movie and thought it was a great ending to a triology - One of the best honestly. The movie was very well written/directed and it bought a lot of tension in certain areas. Bane was a great character I thought and Selena (aka Cat Woman) was very well played by Anne Hathaway. My only question was

I actually thought

he got directions to the Batcave in the package that was left for him when they were doing the will estate.

That was the only thing to make sense to me.