Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye set for UFC 166

Now that Bellator decided to take a final dump on it's dwindling female division, Jessica "Evil" Eye makes the jump into the UFC. She generally fought at 125 and is a tad undersized for 135 but that's what's available in the UFC so she'll take it. She also had the option to sign with Invicta FC and fight at her prefered weightclass but decided against it. She's a solid fighter but I don't see her getting past Kaufman. Kaufman has faced tougher competition and is tough as nails. Too bad Sarah McMann had to pull out of the fight.

Almost forgot about this card. Another night of great fights for free.

It's on my birthday, so I definitely didn't forget. :P

UFC Fight Night 27 Fight Card

Carlos Condit vs Martin Kampmann

Donald Cerrone vs Rafael dos Anjos

Kelvin Gastelum vs Brian Melancon

Court McGee vs Robert Whittaker

Takeya Mizugaki vs Erik Perez

Bubba McDaniel vs Brad Tavares

Papy Abedi vs Dylan Andrews

Justin Edwards vs Brandon Thatch

Darren Elkins vs Hatsu Hioki

James Head vs Jason High

Ben Alloway vs Zak Cummings

Roger Bowling vs Abel Trujillo

Lots of former TUF guys but some great fights with divisional importance in the middle. Elkins vs Hioki, Mizugaki vs Perez, and of course the main and co-main.

Frank Mir vs Josh Barnett - Should we even bother getting excited about this or is the most drugged up fighter in MMA history just gonna fail another test again!

Frank Mir vs Josh Barnett - Should we even bother getting excited about this or is the most drugged up fighter in MMA history just gonna fail another test again!

It's on PPV and drug test results only come out AFTER they have your money so...

Mir has a TUE for TRT and I think that if Barnett was/is using TRT as well (it's possible but not very likely) he'd also have one. Seeing how Mir is pretty much shot to ######, Barnett shouldn't have any trouble putting him away if he brings his A game. Remember that he didn't sign with the UFC right away after Strikeforce folded. Pretty sure Dana put some PED clauses in his new contract and he could stand to lose a ton of money. Also, if the UFC thought there was even a remote chance that he was juicing hard, they would've had him fight in a state where the commission is pretty lax in their testing. Not that I'm implying some underhandedness in the choice of fight venues in order to skate around PED use *cof* Belfort *cof*  :shifty: 

Condit/Kampmann tonight :)

Should be fun :)

Yep, it's a great card overall. Should deliver a lot of fun fights. And don't forget that UFC 164 is this Saturday as well.

Facebook prelims are starting NOW. Roger Bowling vs Abel Trujillo and Ben Alloway vs Zak Cummings.

Oh lordie... that's not a good start  :s

I just about managed to catch the end of Alloway vs. Cummings. What happened in the Bowling/Trujillo fight?

I just about managed to catch the end of Alloway vs. Cummings. What happened in the Bowling/Trujillo fight?

1st round was pretty even with good moments for both fighters. Trujillo was fading in the 2nd but caught Bowling against the fence and threw 2 knees. The first one was all chest, but the second one caught the chest and then rose up and hit his chin. The ref caught it and correctly called for a time-out, proceeding to deduct a point instead of an instant DQ since the knee was unintentional. Bowling was going to get 5 minutes to recover from the foul and he seemed willing to continue. However, while being examined by the ring side doctor, Bowling was unable to correctly state where he was or the date, indicating that he had lost consciousness. The doctor said that since he had been knocked out, he couldn't continue and the fight ended up being a NC due to the foul being non-intentional. Nice way to start a night of fights.

• Like 1

Thatch was pretty impressive. Main card lacked a little bit, Gastelum looked alright too. Main event wasnt too bad, a few shots Kampmann took that i thought would drop him..

The judge that scored the McGee fight 30-27 for Robert Whittaker should get free eye surgery courtesy of the UFC.

Everyone made weight for UFC 164.

Main Card:
Ben Henderson (155) vs. Anthony Pettis (154.5)
Josh Barnett (255) vs. Frank Mir (248)
Clay Guida (146) vs. Chad Mendes (145)
Ben Rothwell (262) vs. Brandon Vera (241)
Erik Koch (145) vs. Dustin Poirier (145.5)

Preliminary Card:
Gleison Tibau (155) vs. Jamie Varner (156)
Tim Elliott (125.5) vs. Louis Gaudinot (125)
Pascal Krauss (170) vs. Hyun Gyu Lim (171)
Chico Camus (135) vs. Kyung Ho Kang (136)
Nikita Krylov (236) vs. Soa Palelei (265)
Ryan Couture (156) vs. Al Iaquinta (156)
Magnus Cedenblad (185) vs. Jared Hamman (185.5)

033_Josh_Barnett_gallery_post.jpg

That's not a very "steroidy" body.

When is Vera gonna quit?

Pettis all the way for tonight

Even he gets cut after this fight (likely if he loses), he'll certainly get picked up by Bellator or WSOF. I would like to see Pettis win but Henderson has evolved a lot since their first fight. He's just relentless with cardio for dias. Let's not forget that just 2 fights ago, Pettis eeked out a win a over Jeremy Stephens and lost to Clay Guida. Henderson is going to dig deep and put the hurt on him to put him a... 48-47.

Al Iaquinta

:| What a beatdown.

Nikita Krylov vs. Soa Palelei was as hilariously bad as one could expect from this caliber of heavyweights.