QuickTime Plugin in Firefox 3.6 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit)

As you can read on the topic, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit but with Firefox 3.6 32-bit. I've installed the latest (4.0.0) QT Lite version and this is what I've tested on this machine:

• Play QuickTime movie trailers on apple.com (working)
  • Download QuickTime movie trailers and play the .mov files in Windows Media Player (working)

However, sometimes, I get prompted by Firefox asking me to install the QuickTime plugin, but I don't get it. It's working and I have it installed (I can see it on about:plugins). This only happened twice and while navigating the Facebook website. Maybe it's an issue on Facebook's end? Something related with Facebook at all or probably not?

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Either way, I'm not installing full QuickTime, there's lots of Apple bloat in there. I simply want to be able to play QuickTime movies in the browser or downloaded.

If you're not using the full version of QuickTime, get used to the issues, 3rd Party developers never hit all the marks when they have to do so much reverse engineering. Shame Windows hasn't got QuickTime X yet, that thing is badass. You could always 'View Source' and manually download the file with 'DownThemAll' or something?

If you're not using the full version of QuickTime, get used to the issues, 3rd Party developers never hit all the marks when they have to do so much reverse engineering.

That's why I posted this here, to see if someone else was having the same issue or is just me. It's weird that, apparently, everything is working and everything plays. But every now and then, that warning pops up in Firefox. It really did only happen in the Facebook page so far, haven't encountered the issue anywhere else. Not even in the Apple website.

Shame Windows hasn't got QuickTime X yet, that thing is badass. You could always 'View Source' and manually download the file with 'DownThemAll' or something?

What's so good about it? (I really want to know)

Nah, I also want to be able to watch them on the browser. Besides, QT Lite comes with a download utility of it's own which is more practical for trailer downloading off the Apple website. And like said, the "popup problem" only happened on the Facebook website, for now at least.