Photo

Official Xbox 360 vs. The World

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 18 January 2011 - 15:04

There are guides that tell you what codecs and how to install them to make MCE play everything, I think someone did on these forums in fact to. I believe you needed special codec packs that made MCE recognize the files.

i'll have to dig deeper then. the thread on the first page just says that MCE should play w/e plays in windows and not much else. alot of talk of muxing and containers and so on. so far i've tried pretty much everything in that thread and failed to get these files playing on the xbox.

alot of the guides on google i've found for setting up streaming for win7 and xbox is from win7 beta, and are obviously out of date.

special codec packs still doesn't solve my problem of MCE on the xbox taking forever to find my video library. maybe i'll start it up early today and just let it run all day.

#47 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 January 2011 - 15:22

special codec packs still doesn't solve my problem of MCE on the xbox taking forever to find my video library. maybe i'll start it up early today and just let it run all day.

It should, after indexing them, run at normal speed. It takes a inordinate amount of time to index things though.

#48 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 18 January 2011 - 16:53

well i figured out what was wrong with MCE taking so long to index everything. i basically pressed random buttons until a menu appeared that i caould actually add folders to the library it was trying search and then instantly all the files in those folders appeared.

googling for MCE and xbox and windows 7 codecs i found a few codec packs and tried a coupl euntil i found one called windows7 codec pack v2.7.0 that got the files playing in both MCE on windows and on xbox.

unfortunately without the softsubs playing so now i am on an adventure to find out how to get the soft subs working on the xbox.

#49 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 18 January 2011 - 19:20

well i got subs working. not exactly the most elegant solution.

#50 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:08

unbelievable that it's been two years almost since this had anything posted in it! and what the heck happened to treemonster anyway?

#51 paganinio

paganinio

Neowinian

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:12

although a number of essential games are missing (MGS 4, the entire Zelda and Metroid Prime series), the X360 has the largest number of great, exclusive titles. Shadow Complex, Forza 3, Forza 4, Forza 2, Forza Horizon (oh god how many Forzas have I played), Halo 3, Mass Effect 2.

But let's face it, a Zelda fan doesn't care about how many Master Chiefs or Forzas there are. He just wants Zelda. So objectively speaking, X360 isn't better than the world. It's just different.

#52 PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• Phone: Windows Phone 8 (Nokia 1020)

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:16

the entire Zelda and Metroid Prime series

Are you aware that Nintendo doesn't make games for other consoles?

#53 +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2013 - 13:25

I love my Xbox 360. But it's not 'better' than the rest.

I have owned or currently own and will own ...

Xbox360, PS3 and Wii. I think they're all as good as each other for various things. To play ALL the best games, you have to have ALL the consoles :) FACT.