• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A lot of news is going to be coming up soon at E3! What do you want to see from BioWare on Star Wars: The Old Republic at E3?

I'm almost sure we'll see a new cinematic trailer. I'm hoping they'll show some more gameplay and if we're really lucky, they'll announce a release date!

Also, I've officially set my mind on Trooper. The Trooper progression video posted on Friday set my decision in stone.

If you haven't set your mind on a class yet, I highly recommend you check out THIS amazing thread. Every single piece of info on The Old Republic has been well organized into this thread! It's updated constantly too.

So, what is it that you want to see at E3? When do you think Star Wars: The Old Republic will be released? Have you decided on a class? I look forward to a response from you guys. :)

I want to see OS X support :whistle:

Can't you just run The Old Republic in Parallels, though? Would there be a disadvantage to that?

Two of my friends working with this...trying to nag em for a beta invite..

They ever tell you anything about a release date? :shiftyninja:

They ever tell you anything about a release date? :shiftyninja:

Tried asking, got the same response from both of em

"When its done"

********, makes me want to hop on the train to galway and take this in person...

as for comparing to kotor, have you played kotor recently? i mean seriously what looked great in 02 looks butt ugly compared to wow in 05.

No it didn't; KoTOR looked like **** in 02, but we played it anyway because it was Bioware and it was Star Wars. It may be that TOR is improved, but it doesn't look any better than KoTOR to me. And I'll still play it, because it's Bioware and it's Star Wars.

No it didn't; KoTOR looked like **** in 02, but we played it anyway because it was Bioware and it was Star Wars. It may be that TOR is improved, but it doesn't look any better than KoTOR to me. And I'll still play it, because it's Bioware and it's Star Wars.

KOTOR looks great IMO.

sure you can compare it to Crysis or something like that but it will look like garbage.

But after playing KOTOR so many times, I can't picture it any other way than the way it looks now

:omg:

:omg: indeed, I was at the edge of my seat watching that, especially when the Carth Onasi/Atton Rand wannabe took out his double pistols and started firing! I can't wait for this game, even though I'm a bit sad that we will never know what happened to Revan and the rest of the crew (I'm looking at Bastila Shan and Mira especially :shifty: ).

Scirwode

This is annoying me, I can't login to my account for this and even resetting my password isn't working :(

Dammit

Images and videos do look absolutely amazing though, I am really looking forward to this game. It might be enough to drag me away from LOTRO :blink:

However I think I may revise my original melee char thoughts and go with gunslinger, with lots of crafting on the side

Check out the new Advanced Classes page. I noticed it doesn't work too well in Opera. Try another browser besides that.

I know I want to be a Trooper, but not sure whether I'm going to be a Commando or Vanguard. I need to think it out a little bit... Plenty of time to decide though! :D

I just received confirmation that I'm in the beta. I suppose it should start soon and invites along with it.

Ugh I have never played a beta that I didn't get into through a pre-order. 6 years of applying for them and never.

I just received confirmation that I'm in the beta. I suppose it should start soon and invites along with it.

Jammy git, I think I signed up on the first day for Beta, submitted my system specs and the full works :( shame ...

Those of you playing, what are the specs of the rig you're running the game on? What is your performance like? Just curious since their site still doesn't have anything official.

*is playing*

*is playing too* jedi sentinel :) twin lightsabers

How is it so far? :)

Those of you playing, what are the specs of the rig you're running the game on? What is your performance like? Just curious since their site still doesn't have anything official.

Are they allowed to talk about that?

Man, I was really hoping BioWare would release a Mac version on day one. Using BootCamp for a MMO doesn't really work for me.

Are they allowed to talk about that?

I would think so considering releasing hardware stats has no impact on the content within the game.

Man, I was really hoping BioWare would release a Mac version on day one. Using BootCamp for a MMO doesn't really work for me.

Same here.