• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,525 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:56

Wired Illuminated actually doesn't have that issue because it's wired. Wireless keyboards to have this issue sometimes but I'm not aware of wired keyboards with this issue. If you Google a bit about the lag issue about the K800, you'll find that more users have this issue. The keys feel different then the K800 as both keyboards use different kind of keys. I'm used to the keys of the Illuminated Keyboard so I can't elaborate on that. Though the light on the K800 doesn't look a lot better then on the Illuminated Keyboard, but that shouldn't be a factor for buying one.

I use my Illuminated Keyboard for gaming weekly and I haven't encountered any issues with it yet. No lag whatsoever.

#62 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,752 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 07 December 2012 - 20:36

Has anyone else had an issue with the battery in this thing? I found that many others have the same issue that the keyboard after a certain amount of time, will just refuse to hold any charge. Mine barely stays above 20% and even if I leave it on the windowsill all day it won't charge.

As well as this, the battery itself is hard to replace, you can't find any shops that sell them and those that do charge an extortionate amount for them.

The device itself is good, and I've not had any problems other than this over the past two or so years, but this may retire it to the cupboard as a result.

#63 Kami-

Kami-

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 3,925 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:51

Has anyone else had an issue with the battery in this thing? I found that many others have the same issue that the keyboard after a certain amount of time, will just refuse to hold any charge. Mine barely stays above 20% and even if I leave it on the windowsill all day it won't charge.

As well as this, the battery itself is hard to replace, you can't find any shops that sell them and those that do charge an extortionate amount for them.

The device itself is good, and I've not had any problems other than this over the past two or so years, but this may retire it to the cupboard as a result.

Had mine for a long-ass time, currently still working ok. Albeit every 6 weeks I have to sit it on the window-sill or an hour or three.

#64 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• 8,836 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:58

Mines working fine too. You can get the batteries off ebay. I got a spare one just in case.

#65 Tech085

Tech085

Neowinian

• 905 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:04

Solar keyboards are meant to fail sooner or later just get a rechargeable micro usb one problem solved.

#66 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,381 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:07

Way to be so negative. I got mine when it was released basically and its still working perfectly! I recommend you buying one. You wont be disappointed.

#67 Tech085

Tech085

Neowinian

• 905 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:10

Way to be so negative. I got mine when it was released basically and its still working perfectly! I recommend you buying one. You wont be disappointed.

I use to have one when it start failing I took it and put it in the dumpster and never got another one since.

#68 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,381 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 15:42

Perhaps yours was defective. I bought mine a long time ago and still works like a champ.

#69 Kami-

Kami-

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 3,925 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:40

I use to have one when it start failing I took it and put it in the dumpster and never got another one since.

The tech is similar to that used in solar powered calculators (I have one that's at least 16 years old and still working), my keyboard is also still working and I've had that an awful long time too.

There's always the possibility that yours was a defective unit which could happen with any keyboard you buy to be fair.

#70 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,752 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:19

The keyboard itself still works good as gold, just the battery that was included was duff, seems to be a common problem with the device and Logitech using a bad type of rechargeable battery which has little life to it. The battery itself is expensive to replace but if you like the keyboard so much it's worth the small fee to replace.