Velvet Waves

just wondering...

can i get rid of the square?

Yes, you have three options:

1. Use the normal Start Panel

2. Switch off the Welcome Screen

3. Edit the 'Turn Off Computer' string resource in explorer.exe to something shorter; 'Shut Down' ought to be ok.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Totally incredible visual style TN! I've viewed several hundred msstyles, and this one is, quite honestly- the best.

Every time I think I found a better one, just for the fun of it I go back and reapply Velvet Waves only to discover it's still the best! :happy:

Not enough.

This is the theme ive stuck with for the longest time, and im gonna stick with it for a while still i think. Its beutifull, yet subtle and its very soothing and easy on the eyes.

There are way to many skins out there that go over the top, and look cool for a few days before you either A) get bored with them or B) realize that they aren't very funcitonal.

Velvetwaves stays fresh and functional for a long time. Your absolute best skin themenorth, and im keeping an eye on you themenorth, you in case you one day out do yourself with an even slicker more stylish skin. ;)

i still have the problem with the start menu although i have used the method mentioned. who can help me to solve this? :wacko:

I assume it looks as shown in this post and you've tried what I suggested below. You may want to delete the font (if it exists) and reboot before installing it as an extra measure.

A very small bug for Velvet Waves. It appears when the tab bar is displayed on the bottom of the property page, as shown in the attached image:

You can see that tab bar at the top is pretty well. But on the tab bar at the bottom, the tabs just got the wrong orientation.

post-36-1086696308.jpg

I assume it looks as shown in this post and you've tried what I suggested below. You may want to delete the font (if it exists) and reboot before installing it as an extra measure.

yes, exactly like this

unluckily, i have tried many times but still like this :cry:

A very small bug for Velvet Waves. It appears when the tab bar is displayed on the bottom of the property page, as shown in the attached image:

You can see that tab bar at the top is pretty well. But on the tab bar at the bottom, the tabs just got the wrong orientation.

Unfortunately that's a 'feature' of the skinning engine. It uses the same images for both top and bottom tab bar so I have no control over it.

Unfortunately that's a 'feature' of the skinning engine.  It uses the same images for both top and bottom tab bar so I have no control over it.

Oh...Seems I need to place all the tab bars on top when possible:)

Anyway, Thanks for the great work you've done for Velvet Waves. It's my favorite!

Hi ThemeNorth.

First i'd like to thank you for your amazing work... never seen this kind of vs before!!!

I'm working on a full msn skin based on Velvet Waves, i'm not over yet, but i'd like to release this skin when it'll be done, if you are ok of course ...

nebula.png

Thanks for all

JeromeBzh

Hi ThemeNorth.

First i'd like to thank you for your amazing work... never seen this kind of vs before!!!

I'm working on a full msn skin based on Velvet Waves, i'm not over yet, but i'd like to release this skin when it'll be done, if you are ok of course ...

http://bunel.jerome.free.fr/nebula/nebula.png

Thanks for all

JeromeBzh

I've got something up my sleeve as well in that area ;). Having said that I don't mind you releasing your version if you like.

• 2 months later...

Hey, awesome VS, installed it through installer and as WB skin, both look great, one small thing though, it seems it doesn't apply blank (default?!) background on all dialogs, like in winamp 5.05 when you press F5 or [,] on numpad it opens search dialog but the background is windowblinds standard (stupid grey figures)... Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if you've forgot to add? :)

Keep up the great work btw!