Ubuntu: adjusting thumbnail size when browsing to upload

I wanted to know how you can adjust your thumbnail view so I can tell which images I'm uploading like when you browse for images to upload on Ubuntu's firefox. They appear so small I have to manually look at the image and find the file name.

advice is appreciated.

That is a very annoying limitation imposed by Gnome/Nautilus/GTKFileChooser, unfortunately, there is no way to change it, I've tried. Only thing that makes it a bit better, is that sometimes, depending on the website you're uploading (if they take only images) - a preview will show up on the right side of the 'file chooser' box., but it's still unusable for batch uploading.

I will take a look over at Launchpad and see if there's a bug filed anywhere, if not, I'm filing one.

^ That depends, sometimes it will show the preview, sometimes it won't, I think it's down to the app you're using or whether you're say, uploading to an imagehost (which takes only images) or a regular host. It's still a pain when you're selecting multiple images. Oh, and it's not down to Nautilus, I think the package responsible for that is gtkfilechooser.

mU4x9.png

Btw completely forgot about the bug, gonna do it soon.

Thanks Syanide, hopefully devs will take notice. If I understand you this doesn't have to do with the X Window system of choice (gnome, kde, xfce) it's a straight up Nautilus issue.