Carfax Report

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Umbrello

Umbrello

Neowinian Senior

• 1,843 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:05

If anyone is need of a full Carfax history report for their vehicle, or soon to be, just let me know. I'm willing to help out, just me provide me with your VIN.

#2 Mr. Chronopoulos

Mr. Chronopoulos

spook for hire

• 2,475 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:07

And how are we supposed to know you're not just stealing VINs to copy onto stolen cars?

#3 OP Umbrello

Umbrello

Neowinian Senior

• 1,843 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:17

Do what now? :blink:

#4 SpyCatcher

SpyCatcher

Neowinian

• 871 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:17

www.instavin.com provides better information.

#5 Unix2

Unix2

Without Unix, there is not OS X.

• 1,461 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:18

If anyone is need of a full Carfax history report for their vehicle, or soon to be, just let me know. I'm willing to help out, just me provide me with your VIN.

So you think we are idiots that will give you all these info because "you want to help" yeah right... :p

#6 OP Umbrello

Umbrello

Neowinian Senior

• 1,843 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:26

Check my posts. I have better things to do in my life than to steal cars. I mean, really? :huh:

I'm reliable and helpful on these forums. Thought I would give something back and do those a favor in need of one.... Guess I thought wrong.

#7 Mr. Chronopoulos

Mr. Chronopoulos

spook for hire

• 2,475 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:30

Check my posts. I have better things to do in my life than to steal cars. I mean, really? :huh:

I'm reliable and helpful on these forums. Thought I would give something back and do those a favor in need of one.... Guess I thought wrong.

I never said you're not helpful. It's just a little suspicious when people are asking for VINs on a public forum offering to help. If you could say how you have seemingly free access to something that normally costs money, or prove you work in a field that requires access to the carfax database, then it would go a long way for this thread. Without any sort of proof, it's a little suspicious and casts doubt. Think of it as an IAMA on reddit with no gold star.

#8 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

• 5,993 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 22:46

And how are we supposed to know you're not just stealing VINs to copy onto stolen cars?

rofl, you ###### chronopoulos :D

Umbrello, they are just taking the **** mate..

very kind for you to offer! :)

#9 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,022 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:34

I never said you're not helpful. It's just a little suspicious when people are asking for VINs on a public forum offering to help. If you could say how you have seemingly free access to something that normally costs money, or prove you work in a field that requires access to the carfax database, then it would go a long way for this thread. Without any sort of proof, it's a little suspicious and casts doubt. Think of it as an IAMA on reddit with no gold star.

If he wanted to steal VIN numbers, it would be much easier to walk up and down the block and write down every parked cars' numbers.

It's pretty common sense that he is just looking to help...

#10 lulad

lulad

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 00:48

hey umbrello, I sent you a message. If you could help out that would be great.

L.

#11 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 7,819 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 00:55

Why? Carfax report now is free and given to any buyer at the dealerships. All they ask for it at the dealership.

If anyone wants to buy an used car from private seller, then he/she can go to carfax website to look up for no charge.

#12 Unix2

Unix2

Without Unix, there is not OS X.

• 1,461 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:03

If anyone wants to buy an used car from private seller, then he/she can go to carfax website to look up for no charge.

it is not free, yes you can enter your vin number but after that if you want to see the history they charge you $35 bucks.

#13 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,562 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 20 August 2013 - 14:37

awesome to see members helping other members.. 

#14 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,505 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 20 August 2013 - 14:56

Another free CarFax alternative: vsninfo

BTW, nice thread bump spammer

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!