Aveo5 smoking some tires...

^ We bitch about annoying bright lights because most people can't install them right. They're suppose to be projected below eye sight.

It's great to have a passion for cars and all, but a turbocharger setup on a Aveo? I didn't read all 7 pages, but I hope you reconsidered!

Injecting a lot of money into a FWD platform is silly already, unless the platform is known to be successful in racing applications like Honda Integras, Dodge Neons, Volkswagen Corrados and GTIs, etc. Even then, the amount of money you gotta spend to boost a FWD car and keep it fast and stable and not understeer like a pig will very likely be greater than modifying a RWD car like a Miata or mustang 5.0.

The amount of money for a turbo alone.. which is quite a few thousand... Plus all the mods he'd have to do to the frame, transmission, all that other good stuff... it's not even worth it on such a crap car.

105hp... is 105hp. Leave it at 105hp.

It's 107HP, to be correct. However, I'm not slapping in a turbo. Leaving it stock and not bagging it, gonna try and make my fuel and transmission last as long as possible save up and buy a Civic to work on and get geared up.

^ What about an Acura Integra or Honda Prelude? If performance is what you're looking for out of Honda, I rank them in this order: NSX > s2000 > Integra type-r gs-r > Civic hatch (ek9) type-r && Civic 99-00 Si > Honda Prelude 5th gen > Honda CR-X > other civics

Either way, yeah some people will laugh at you for doing performance mods on a civic, but the fact remains: They're reliable, there's loads of information on the web, huge aftermarket and loads of parts which are interchangeable between different Hondas. Just do it right, or we'll have to call you a ricer :p

It's 107HP, to be correct. However, I'm not slapping in a turbo. Leaving it stock and not bagging it, gonna try and make my fuel and transmission last as long as possible save up and buy a Civic to work on and get geared up.

Keep smoking your tires the way you do in that video of your's and your tranny and clucth will be no more..get a real car to do that stuff in, like a suped up 76 charger.

^ What about an Acura Integra or Honda Prelude? If performance is what you're looking for out of Honda, I rank them in this order: NSX > s2000 > Integra type-r gs-r > Civic hatch (ek9) type-r && Civic 99-00 Si > Honda Prelude 5th gen > Honda CR-X > other civics

Either way, yeah some people will laugh at you for doing performance mods on a civic, but the fact remains: They're reliable, there's loads of information on the web, huge aftermarket and loads of parts which are interchangeable between different Hondas. Just do it right, or we'll have to call you a ricer :p

I believe that is going to be a problem for him. There is loads of information out there on Honda and lots of aftermarket parts including a lot of quality, but unfortunately lots of that info and parts are geared for the ricer community too. Separating the good info and parts out from the bad I think would be tough for someone new to cars.

To the OP. 107hp? How do you know that? Is that off an actual dyno or is that just what you have read? If you are going to nitpick between 105 and 107 you need to back that up with a proof.

I'm sticking to my guns despite the thread I made earlier on Neowin. The 1st gen NA Miata wth a hard-top is the best car to boost it into a poor man's Lotus. Slap some fender flares on it, and deep dish rims with slightly negative camber and you got yourself one great looking sports car.

Unlike civics and other FWD platforms, a RWD platform can support more power and torque.

I'm sticking to my guns despite the thread I made earlier on Neowin. The 1st gen NA Miata wth a hard-top is the best car to boost it into a poor man's Lotus. Slap some fender flares on it, and deep dish rims with slightly negative camber and you got yourself one great looking sports car.

Unlike civics and other FWD platforms, a RWD platform can support more power and torque.

Yes and no...How much do you want to put into a fwd platform really is the question.

• 1 month later...

You sir are a complete ****in arse!

And its a great shame that you are not in the UK, so i could lock you up for been that arse!

Sometimes when people do burn outs (off road only mind) it looks good, however your video is you slowly moving forward, moving backward and then forward again with a bit of smoke.

That car is a pile of **** anyway and to believe your saying that you have "smoked" many cars, i belive the only time you could is if they were on the back of a recovery truck or you were doing the stupid speeds (as per your other thread) in 30mph zones.

grow the **** up, stop acting like a dumbass before you kill someone else, go kill yourself in an empty car park all you want, but stay of the road and dont put others lives in danger.

d!ck

Yes, I agree with above poster.

Also, my "stock" Hyundai Elantra comes with a 138 hp motor and that is not a lot of hp. You've got lots to learn about driving, being mature and responsible, and especially about cars kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have plans to smoke out the emblems, grill and a set of smoked out rims sitting on low prifles probably gonna go for 17". As for the windows, tinting all of them besides the front windshield of course. Gonna get othe Altezza tail-lights and might do a HID head-light conversion kit, to top it all off they make a cold air intake for my car that is fitted and everything and I plan on installing it at school.

Another thing I'm having done is the sound system and some interior work such as smoked out/chrome trim.

Dude, do you know after you are done, you would have spent more money than what any one would pay for the actual car?

And don't get Altezza taillights... they are so awful and just scream of early 2000's. :x

Yes and no...How much do you want to put into a fwd platform really is the question.

I know you know this, but this is for others out there:

In a typical FWD car, you start getting torquesteer at around 300HP. The amount of money you have to shell out to keep it stable and not torquesteer into a wall becomes ridiculous.

If this doesn't look silly, then I don't know what does

chris-rado-front-wing-scion-tc.jpg

• 1 month later...

is it just me or does the usa not have the hot hatch scene of the uk? ive seen the honda civic brought up a few times here without mentioning the type-r version we have in the uk

447095293.jpg

481065530.jpg

this is car you can buy direct from honda, complete with a warranty and loads of extras as standard

Ok, so that's FWD, huh?... So why does it need this thing at the back of the car since a FWD can't flip over? I bet it's a 4WD.

is it just me or does the usa not have the hot hatch scene of the uk? ive seen the honda civic brought up a few times here without mentioning the type-r version we have in the uk

Nope not just you. We are sorely lacking in the hot hatch department over here. I am married to rear wheel drive (I just don't understand the point of FWD), but there are a few hatchbacks that you guys get that we don't that could tempt me to cheat.

Ok, so that's FWD, huh?... So why does it need this thing at the back of the car since a FWD can't flip over? I bet it's a 4WD.

It has nothing to do with flipping over and everything to do with lift. If you understand any basic laws of physics, when you accelerate in a given direction where does weight transfer? It doesn't matter front or rear wheel drive, you accelerate weight transfers to the rear. Why do you have a wheelie bar in the rear, so your front end only goes up so high so that you have the most amount of traction you can get on your front tires. That isn't for flipping, that is for positive traction. If it weren't there the front end would lift so much that he would get 0 traction during a full throttle launch. Look at how the wheelie bar is setup, it goes to the trunklid a rwd wheelie bar gets welded to the frame under the car it never becomes part of the trunk..the reason it is so high is to give better reinforcement so it doesn't allow the front to come up.

Below are pics of a FWD wheelie bar system and a RWD wheelie bar system, pay close attention to mounting points/where they are attached to the car. And how high off the ground the wheels are of the wheelie bars. The FWD system only allows the car to lift about 0-1 inch to maintain traction (it may even be pusing the car up from the rear slightly to give more weight to the front end), the RWD has a bit more lift to get more weight of the car to sit on the rear tires during launch. It is all about traction, 0 about rolling the car over. If nothing else is a give away, look to see where the wide tires are, front = fwd, rear = rwd, all same = awd, again the wider the tire the more traction on the drive wheels (this only works on cars designed for 1/4 mile, you will not see this on everyday street cars or autox cars)

attachment.php?attachmentid=33623&stc=1&d=1240162612

p73093_large+1991_Ford_Mustang+Rear_Wheelie_Bar.jpg

In a typical FWD car, you start getting torquesteer at around 300HP. The amount of money you have to shell out to keep it stable and not torquesteer into a wall becomes ridiculous.

If this doesn't look silly, then I don't know what does

Depending on the car, you can feel it at 150hp (1995 ford probe GT, I felt it a ton under full acceleration, that wheel was all over the place; My 2010 3.5 Altima with 270 hp has less torquesteer).

And yes that does look silly.