Scariest Gaming Moments.

Ive seen Amnesia advertised on Steam and keeping meaning to try it! Now im convinced!

Looks utterly terrifying!

System Shock 2

Those god damn Psychic Monkeys....

Silent Hill 1: The school portion where the ghost is crying.

Silent Hill 2: Running from the Pyramid Heard.

President Evil: Bush : When he signed the Patriot Act.

Resident Evil 2: The fricking Zombies scare the crap out of me.

Clive Barkers Undying: Pretty much the whole game except the last chapter.

Penumbra was so spooky for me that I could only play it in short bursts.

Brilliant game. The old text adventures were really scary too.

Penumbra was so spooky for me that I could only play it in short bursts.

Brilliant game. The old text adventures were really scary too.

after lpay that one withc took a few sitting, When Amnesia came out I couldn;t put it down..I bought it.. Took it home and roughly 8 hours later I finished it... a few bathroom barkes but that was it..lol

Every single second of Dead Space and not just played in the dark with 5.1 surround sound either.

another game that have you wiping your ass that not to commen knowen to people is

Cryostasis - where the unique fourm of Heat = Heath and traped in a Ship were sound bonuces off the walls and echos can be heard all over the place. it makes u a ###### bit widdled.

Metro 2033 on DX 11 was a very good gooo too.. I lost a few heart beats to that game as well

heres what will kick the **** out of you

Darkness Within

Cryostasis

DeadSpace 1 & 2

F.E.A.R + Extration + F.E.A.R 2 + Reborn

Blair Witch 1,2 & 3. (done up like RE)

Obscure

Amnesia

Doom3

Penumbra Part 1 & 2

Resedent Evil 1,2,3 & Code Veronic (sorry the rest were not that jumppy)

Silent Hill (all)

SystemShock 2

Metro 2033

The Ring (Dreamcast title)

Sorry BioShock just didn't cut it... maybe had 1 or 2 moments but nothing to scream about....

post-342470-0-04229700-1300146071.jpg

Fear, where you're going through a vent shaft and she suddenly crawls at you. I still think its one of the scarier parts because most of the time she just stands there or moves away from you. Until she end, she almost never directly comes at you.

Couldn't find a better video, but its the scene at 1:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHWV8yLOmfg&feature=related#at=96

I loved that game. I bought it launch day, waited until about 11pm, turned off all the lights, put on headphones, and played it all the way through in one sitting. For a lot of people, looking at clips isn't all that scary, but I suggest you do what I did and immerse yourself in the game. Done right, its terrifying.

Ive seen Amnesia advertised on Steam and keeping meaning to try it! Now im convinced!

Looks utterly terrifying!

Amnesia was a great game, though i sadly must say it really flopped out on it's ending

F.E.A.R. is the one and only game that managed to scare me. I remember playing it and literally jumping out of my chair when I encountered Alma for the first time.

For me it was that scene in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth when they start chasing you through the hotel and you need to bolt the doors as you pass by. Also, the scene in the ship when Dagon surfaces from below, it was terrifying. It doesn't help that the guy can become crazy from hallucinations and turn the gun on himself though :p

Clive Barkers Undying: Pretty much the whole game except the last chapter.

this.

Also, as others have said, the schoolhouse in Silent Hill, especially the shadow children. I played that game way too much in my bedroom (which was in the attic of my house) at 3am.

Also, the scene in Bioshock when you turn around after picking up the tonic, and the room gets cloudy and the doctor appears behind you. Made me jump the first two playthroughs of that game.

Also, the scene in Bioshock when you turn around after picking up the tonic, and the room gets cloudy and the doctor appears behind you. Made me jump the first two playthroughs of that game.

This got me as well.

Sadly, I am really jumpy so I do not often play 'scary' games.

For instance:

In Tomb Raider 2, I think, on the training course/your house stage, where you could just run around, I was trying to get into the attic, and I turned around and the butler was behind me, that old man rattling the tray of glasses, and I jumped and dropped my controller.

Yeah, it's pathetic.

From then on when playing at that stage, the first thing I made sure to do was lock the butler in the freezer so he couldn't do that. :whistle:

This got me as well.

I got owned by that tooo but al in al I would call that Scary.

non the less great game. jsut didn't live upto what systemshock 2 was