Photo

Do You Root/Jailbreak Your Device

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Root/Jailbreak Your Device

Do You Root/Jailbreak Your Device?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What OS is Running on Your Device?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 UndergroundWire

UndergroundWire

The One and Only

• OS: Windows 7 Ulltimate, Android OS (Gingerbread, Honeycomb & Ice Cream Sandwich), iOS 5

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:04

Like the topic states. Have you rooted / jailbroken your device?

#2 WhatWarning

WhatWarning

Agitator Level 7

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:25

Always have.

#3 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:27

Did on my old iPod touch 1st Gen. Haven't since getting my iPhone 3GS, before it was to install 3rd party apps, now the only reason I see is theming. And even then the default always seems to work best for me.

#4 vetcashman

cashman

Let Love Be The Healer

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:28

I voted no, only because I'm quite happy with my stock HTC Desire at the moment. When I get a new phone I may play around with it and see what it can do when it's rooted.

#5 Jen Smith

Jen Smith

Gone

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:31

Yup. Partially because I don't like being told what I can and can't do with a device I own, but mostly it's just extending its capabilities to do things that aren't normally available,or just because I can. Not for everyone of course, some don't need it (or even care, happy with out-of-the-box), others because they may wind up bricking the device.

#6 OP UndergroundWire

UndergroundWire

The One and Only

• OS: Windows 7 Ulltimate, Android OS (Gingerbread, Honeycomb & Ice Cream Sandwich), iOS 5

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:31

My observation thus far (not just from this topic) is that Android users are more likely to Root than iPhone users to Jailbreak. I wonder how this plays out?

#7 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:35

I have jailbreaked my iPhone and iPod Touch in the past. But now that Apple has added many of the features that I originally Jailbroke for I don't feel the need to now so I don't.

#8 instant.human

instant.human

resident loser

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:50

I have jailbreaked my iPhone and iPod Touch in the past. But now that Apple has added many of the features that I originally Jailbroke for I don't feel the need to now so I don't.

Yeah, me too. Jailbroke again a few weeks ago but haven't used a single jailbreaking-only-app yet... :whistle: no need for it. iOS has everything I want/need.

#9 Orange Battery

Orange Battery

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:53

Not since moving to Android, did with Iphone (3GS as the time)

#10 WelshBluebird

WelshBluebird

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:57

My old phone was a SE Xperia X1. So while Windows Mobile was rubbish, it did / does let you do pretty much whatever you want.
Because of that - I jailbrook my iPhone 4 as soon as I got it. Got a few tweaks on there (pull to refresh on safari is a notable one IMO), along with a few "standard" JB apps like backgrounder etc.

#11 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 21 March 2011 - 20:11

Every device I own is. IPhone 3gs, ipad, Samsung captivate and G2. All jailbroken/ rooted

#12 alexalex

alexalex

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 March 2011 - 20:13

iPhone 4. No. Didn't find the need yet.

#13 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 March 2011 - 20:16

iPhone 3GS. Apple implements features so half-assed that jailbreaking is a necessity.

#14 a.mcdear

a.mcdear

Neowinian

Posted 21 March 2011 - 20:17

Rooted my Droid Eris.
Verizon or HTC cant be bothered to keep the OS up to date, and I HATED the sense UI...
So rooting lets me run Gingerbread (2.3.3 CM7) on my device which is awesome.

#15 OP UndergroundWire

UndergroundWire

The One and Only

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:53

Did they add a brand new notification system? That alone would make me jailbreak for an alternative.