Opening up .pub files in Ubuntu

As the title suggests i need help on opening on .pub files in ubuntu as i need to do my user guide for my I.C.T coursework is there any software that can open publisher files without too much hassle

I need to be able to edit the file and iv googled "Calibre" and by the looks of i don't think it can open Microsoft publisher files.

If you go the conversion to PDF route, you can then edit the file with PFedit.

.pub files are for Publisher in Office. Everyone is suggesting ePub conversion. Which are they, just to be sure? You can install Office with Wine (free) or Crossover Office (not free). I don't think there are any ways to convert .pub files or open with anything that is free. ePub files can be opened/converted with Calibre, which is free also.

You could install Virtualbox (http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) and run Windows in a VM. If you don't want to dual-boot the "old-fashioned way", and you did install Windows, you could use WUBI to run Ubuntu. It basically installs inside Windows and lets you pick your OS when booting. You could post a link to your file, and maybe someone could convert it for you to another format. I haven't worked with Publisher too much, but worth a shot.

I already run a dual boot of Windows XP and Ubuntu, so i always have the option of running Windows to run software. Also with Wubi will that create disk partition? I only ask as i don't want to install this on my laptop incase it corrupts , as it has my I.C.T coursework.

So if i wish to remove it, it will remove its self off the computer like removing dropbox or another software?

Yes. Works well. I didn't know Libreoffice would open .pub files. I've used on PDFs. Neat.