• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CPressland

CPressland

www.absolute.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:01

Hey Guys,

So the untethered JB for iOS 4.3.1 just arrived and I'm Jailbroken and ready to rock. However, I cannot for the life of me find anything remotely interesting in Cydia.

What 'Apps' 'Hacks' etc do you guys use?

Thanks in Advance

Chris.

#2 amon91

amon91

Anonymous

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:04

Winterboard is good for themes. Other than that, I'm a fan of Grooveshark.

#3 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:10

First you need to add some sources, then you'll find the good apps. I'll send you a PM, since last time I was warned just for helping out someone.

#4 The Protagonist

The Protagonist

time for a little wget magic

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:11

wifisync & mywi is number 1 in my books (Y)

#5 anthdci

anthdci

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:14

i personally use

bitesms - replacement sms app, far more functionality
five icon dock
lockinfo - give you more info on your lock screen,
multifl0w - changes the way you see your multitasking appls
sbsettings - gives quick toggles from springboard
openssh - lets your ssh into your device
rotation inhibitor - lets you lock rotation from sbsettings
tetherme - free tethering
facebreak - facetime over 3G

#6 OP CPressland

CPressland

www.absolute.com

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:58

Thanks so far guys,

LockInfo seams great, would happily buy that, any ideas where I can get some more addons for it? Default Repos are lacking.

#7 Kussie

Kussie

Bazinga

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:31

InfiniFolders - Unlimited apps in folders instead of Apples default of 12
InfiniDock - Scrolling/paging dock
MakeItMine - Change carrier logo/text
Cyntact - Pictures next to contacts in contacts app/lists.

Plus the others already mentioned.

#8 Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 April 2011 - 18:37

Say what? Someone asked a few months ago about the best apps for iPhone; I replied that app X was nice and app Y as well, but I also stated that that person should jailbreak his iPhone and get BiteSMS and I got a warning .. now I see this thread? :wacko:

#9 Soul Assassin

Soul Assassin

Neowinian

Posted 06 April 2011 - 18:39

Because jailbreaking isn't illegal anymore.

#10 DeathsyctheHe11

DeathsyctheHe11

Neowinian

Posted 06 April 2011 - 18:55

You can go here.

Personally must have:
SBsettings - easy way to turn 3G, WIFI, etc off just by swiping the top of your iPhone. Can't live without it.
BiteSMS - if you text somewhat, is a must have. It's a huge upgrade from standard text app. You can quick reply, so basically you can text from unlock screen or anywhere without entering the standard text app.
Winterboard - basically a must have if you want to customize the iPhones themes.
MyWi - allows tethering!
3G Unrestrictor - basically when your on 3G certain apps get downgraded like Youtube. The quality becomes bad. This apps makes the network think your on wifi when it's not so the Youtube will be higher quality and also allows FaceTime on 3G.
Face-It - if you have 3GS, this installs FaceTime.
FolderEnchancer - allows you to add unlimited apps inside a folder and even a folder inside a folder. Very useful.
Rotation Inhibitor - if you lay down and use the iphone to surf, this will disable the rotation at certain angles, making it easier to surf the net.

#11 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

Posted 06 April 2011 - 19:00

Because jailbreaking isn't illegal anymore.

Jailbreaking has never been illegal. Apple just wanted everyone to think it was. The US courts merely told Apple it is wrong. (To cut the whole long story short and avoid all the complicated details)

#12 TangoEight

TangoEight

Neowinian

Posted 11 April 2011 - 17:35

Activator - installed with sbsettings but I thought it deserved its own mention because it does more than just launch sbsettings, I have mine set up to play/pause when both volume buttons are pressed at the same time, next track when I hold volume up and previous track when I hold volume down.

MobileNotifier - an improvement to the notification system, pop-ups have the option to do it now or save it for later putting them in a list on the app switcher and on a notification count on the lockscreen. It's in the Peter Hajas repo: http://phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo/

MobileTerminal - the version in the stock cydia repositories is out of date and doesn't work with iOS 4. It let's you change your root password, which you should do if you have ssh installed, and works as a basic file manager if you're cool enough :p An updated version is in the PodZombie repo: http://www.podzombie.com/repository/

EDIT:
MxTube - a YouTube downloader, let's you watch and stream in high, low or HD quality. HD will not play on my non-retina ipod but it might work on retina devices. Videos are stored in /var/mobile/Media/MxTube as .mp4

#13 Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

Posted 11 April 2011 - 17:49

MyWi, Lockinfo, and Winterboard are really all I need.

Lockinfo is probably the best notifications app I've seen, on both iOS or Android.

BTW how is FaceTime with 3G unrestrictor?

#14 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 11 April 2011 - 17:55

I'm on outdated 2.2.1 but I've got;
VLC,
backgrounder,
pwnplayer,
terminal,
SSH,
StumblerPlus,
Torrentula (Never actually used it),
Whiteboard.

#15 Macrohard

Macrohard

Neowinian

Posted 11 April 2011 - 18:05

A lot of folks will recommend MyWi, but as of the 4.3.1 jailbreak it is a complete waste of money. TetherMe is 10% of the cost of MyWi and will simply enable the built-in tethering functions that Apple designed, including the new Personal Hotspot feature. Besides TetherMe, I definitely recommend SBSettings (with Tethering toggle and iRetina/iNavBarHD theme), LockInfo (with Lock Weather plugin), iFile (amazing file browser with a plethora of supported file types), Safari Download Manager (this should be obvious), FolderEnhancer (faster than Infinifolders and with more functionality), and SpringFlash (the perfect way to utilize the flash as a flashlight on the iPhone 4).

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!