Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Use steam://install/55410 to get it from Steam if your in the UK.

Someone said the game will only be available on Direct2Drive for UK users :angry:

If that's true then it's outrageous. Does THQ have anything against the UK? It seems a bit odd that they'd do that.

yeah thanks for the update a few weeks ago killmaster. played the demo and liked it, not so sure about the British accents for the orks, or for anyone else for that matter. why are fanstasy worlds always in British accents? but the demo was nice, good fun and looks very decent. already have the game on pre-order with Steam.

yeah thanks for the update a few weeks ago killmaster. played the demo and liked it, not so sure about the British accents for the orks, or for anyone else for that matter. why are fanstasy worlds always in British accents? but the demo was nice, good fun and looks very decent. already have the game on pre-order with Steam.

I find it quite refreshing that some things get British voice actors. It irritates me that it's the norm for most voice overs to be American. But maybe I'm just biased :)

Played the demo and I really like it. Decent gameplay and some fun mechanics. Fyi on the voice acting its a UK franchisee and its always been voiced that way. But yeh great wee game really enjoyed the levels if a bit short

Can't make up my mind whether to get it on PC or PS3. Graphics are better on PC and I found the keyboard & mouse easier for aiming and for using jump jets so this may sway me to PC version.

Salty - get it for PC unless you're really keen on trophies. 40K is a PC franchise for me as far as games are concerned, ever since Space Hulk.

Grayski and Colicab - you guys are right, the Brit accents do make sense, thanks for reminding me that 40K is British-made. so in this case the accents are justified, unlike in Game of Thrones, where it was just being stereotypical (though i like that show). BTW Mark Strong as the lead character in this game? sign me up, he's one of my fave actors.

Neo i know what you mean. Its funny how everyone in games either has an intensely scottish / english accent or is from a boarding school and thus talks like a butler.

there are definite stereotypes at play here! it seems game universes are not as diverse as the real world. makes for easier production, i suppose.

I played the demo, not having played any other games in the series, and just didn't see anything special about it. The graphics were ok, at best, and the gameplay didn't seem to be anything that great.

not having played any other games in the series

There is no series, this is the first game.

Awesome demo, can't wait for the release in just a few weeks. Glad I preordered.

If that's true then it's outrageous. Does THQ have anything against the UK? It seems a bit odd that they'd do that.

The game is a steam native like Mafia II so it definitely would come to steam.

There is no series, this is the first game.

Awesome demo, can't wait for the release in just a few weeks. Glad I preordered.

I think he meant in the 40K universe.

I just played the demo on the 360 yesterday and it looks and plays very well. Definitely going to pick this one up as I'm a huge fan of the universe and how Relic treats it.

is it out already? Steam seems to say "play" when you pre-load it. i'm tempted to click...

I certainly can't play, and I'm dying to play already. Even though at launch we won't have online coop :( I'm very much looking forward to this game. The demo was AWESOME. The guns felt so badass, and really made you feel like a 8 foot tall genetically enhanced human that could wipe out 100 Orcs in a minute easily :D heh

Now I'm no graphic ###### mind you, but I love the way the game looks. The impact of the bullets, the smoke puffs, the overall design aesthetic etc etc. I wonder if the game uses the DoW 2 engine or not, hmmm.

I thought there wasn't supposed to be ANY multiplayer at launch, but apparently it seems only coop isn't at launch since there is competitive multiplayer and it's FLIPPING AWESOME.

Game has some serious bugs though. Getting stuck on a loading screen forever waiting to even launch the SP is kinda bad...

so LOC, things are better with you now? you seem to be playing a lot of games, so i take that as a good sign. and don't be so impatient with this one, they'll fix these issues soon!

i'm glad you're staying with her and are at least stable. if you have some time to relax and game amidst it all, then things are definitely at least somewhat OK!