Jogging Routine

I've become less active as spring has begun, and I've put on a little weight so I've decided to start up jogging. I've never been a very athletic individual so my jogging ability is virtually 0. My plan so far is diet and exercise (revolutionary, I know), and i plan to follow this guide to build my stamina, but i need some input on if that is a viable method. Also - i have a few concerns:

1) i eat more then i should, but various websites state if i cut back on what i eat that my body will go into "starvation mode" or some such, how can i avoid this?

2) I seem to get shin splints every time i jog, despite using a running shoe; is this just a matter of fighting through the pain?

Thanks in advance!

• 8 months later...

As I am very protective against my body fitness and health so I eat selective food and do regular exercise. Every morning I wake up at 7:00 and go for jogging in garden. Garden is the best place for doing jogging and also for yoga. Everyday I jog for 3 Kms and do normal-fast running for 3 Kms. Jogging is most necessary as it help in losing weight and help in making our body fit. I never eat in between jog. After I complete my job I cool down my body and after 30 minutes I drink fresh fruit juice.

I do a similar thing except I watch TV and jack off to the morning news presenters. Similar workout really.

As I am very protective against my body fitness and health so I eat selective food and do regular exercise. Every morning I wake up at 7:00 and go for jogging in garden. Garden is the best place for doing jogging and also for yoga. Everyday I jog for 3 Kms and do normal-fast running for 3 Kms. Jogging is most necessary as it help in losing weight and help in making our body fit. I never eat in between jog. After I complete my job I cool down my body and after 30 minutes I drink fresh fruit juice.

How big is your garden? 3km run in my garden would result in there being a massive trench where you were running :huh:

I do a similar thing except I watch TV and jack off to the morning news presenters. Similar workout really.

LOL :woot: :rofl:

You and I lead such similar lives

I've become less active as spring has begun, and I've put on a little weight so I've decided to start up jogging. I've never been a very athletic individual so my jogging ability is virtually 0. My plan so far is diet and exercise (revolutionary, I know), and i plan to follow this guide to build my stamina, but i need some input on if that is a viable method. Also - i have a few concerns:

1) i eat more then i should, but various websites state if i cut back on what i eat that my body will go into "starvation mode" or some such, how can i avoid this?

2) I seem to get shin splints every time i jog, despite using a running shoe; is this just a matter of fighting through the pain?

Thanks in advance!

You need to stretch before you run.

Basic stretches -> http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1/126.shtml

Stretches specific to shin splints -> http://getridofshinsplints.org/how-to-get-rid-of-shin-splints-3-shin-splint-stretches-that-will-keep-your-splints-at-bay/

Thanks s lot, I just spat all over my phone, laughing. :rofl:

• 4 months later...

How big is your garden? 3km run in my garden would result in there being a massive trench where you were running :huh:

LOL :woot: :rofl:

Well considering others on Neowin have all given **** for advice. I'm here to save the day. If you want to lose weight with diet and exercise then ketosis is your best bet for a diet. Running three kilometers isn't going to do **** for you, it's less than two miles. But as you said you can't run two miles yet. So wake up in the morning and run a mile, if you don't know how to judge a mile, run until you feel like you're going to puke, then run a little more. Then the next day run a little exercise called 60-120s which is used by the U.S. Military to increase stamina. You are going to want to sprint as hard as you can for 60 seconds then walk for 120 seconds, keep doing this for 20 minutes or so. Then jog the next day. Keep alternating until you can jog a little further every run. You are going to want to slowly achieve the ability to run 5 kilometers at one time.

Also whoever told you to stretch before you run is behind the times by about 10 years, you stretch after you run to help your muscles cool down. As Woody said in Zombieland, you don't see a lion stretch before it chases a gazelle.

If you want more specific advice pm me.

Edit: Garden is best place to run? HAH! The best place to run is on a beach on hard sand, you'll only be able to run a tenth of your normal distance before your thighs are on fire. Run a mile on hard sand and your body will hate you. Alternatively running in high altitudes is good for your body.

• 1 year later...

Well I think it is normal to have an acting sheens after jogging.. and my advise would be eat clean, avoid greasy food stick to vegetables and fruits and exercise at least 45 minutes a day. :)

Well I think it is normal to have an acting sheens after jogging.. and my advise would be eat clean, avoid greasy food stick to vegetables and fruits and exercise at least 45 minutes a day. :)

Charlie or Martin?  Although i'm not sure either of them would be happy about it.

• 5 months later...