Windows download scanning

I have tried downloading several perfectly good files but when they finish downloading Windows does that "Running safety scan" on them and tells me they are bad. I can't just run the file because something happens to them when this happens and they get corrupt. Is there anyway to turn this scanning procedure off?

Thanks,

"Windows does that "Running safety scan""

That is not windows thing - I download files every single day and windows never does any "safety scan" - My guess is one of your firewalls/Security Suites that is keeping you so safe :rolleyes: ;)

I have tried downloading several perfectly good files but when they finish downloading Windows does that "Running safety scan" on them and tells me they are bad. I can't just run the file because something happens to them when this happens and they get corrupt. Is there anyway to turn this scanning procedure off?

Thanks,

running safety scan? where??? browser?? screenshot would be better.

Could be ur secuiry suite. what security suite do you use?

IE9 on Win7 and 2008/R2 does a "Security Scan" on downloaded files whether saved to a local folder or selected for "Run".

As to why the file would be corrupted, I cannot say.

• Like 2

what type of files are they? word? exe? excel? how many files and where are you downloading it from???

the file might be corrupted from the location you are downloading.

IE9 on Win7 and 2008/R2 does a "Security Scan" on downloaded files whether saved to a local folder or selected for "Run".

As to why the file would be corrupted, I cannot say.

This. IE9 runs a scan after downloading but generally before giving you the file in the folder where you downloaded it to. I kind of like it.

Yes it is IE9 which runs the scan, i think its SmartScreen, the files don't get corrupted infact they are removed and not saved so you can't use then. Theres also no option to ignore what the scan says, kinda annoying when it comes to false positives.

Any file which is not very popular gets marked as potentially dangerous. Too bad there isn't a way to disable this reputation-based downloading feature without disabling SmartScreen. Sometimes, my downloads also get stuck at 99% and "Running security scan..."

Yes it is IE9 which runs the scan, i think its SmartScreen, the files don't get corrupted infact they are removed and not saved so you can't use then. Theres also no option to ignore what the scan says, kinda annoying when it comes to false positives.

Yes there are a lot of false posatives. I scan all my downloaded files manualy with Smart security and Malwarebytes so I am not concerned about infected files.

I will look at the smartscreen option.

Joe