Password protect a single folder in Windows 7?

Is it possible to password protect a single folder (including it's sub dirs, of course) in Windows 7?

What about Truecrypt (I think that's what it's called)

Sounds complicated on the website. Basically, I want some software that prompts for a password when I try to open the folder. That's all, really :)

Then I think you're out of luck. Windows doesn't support this, and I've not seen an application that simple (as encryption really... isn't!)

I personally own a Goldkey and it's seamless to do what's asked. But it's not cheap.

http://www.softstack.com/fileprot.html

OR Freeware:

AP File Protector 1.0

Simply right click on the file you want to protect and type in a password.

Features: -Right click to Protect -Auto Protect - Unprotect file to make changes. When file is closed it will get re protected. -Protects file using Rijndael 256 Bit Encryption

http://www.tucows.com/preview/518124/AP-File-Protector?q=password+protect+files

Note: says it works with Vista, does not mention Windows 7 specifically.

Windows natively allows you to encrypt any folder (using NTFS).

All you have to do is to look at the folder properties > general tab > advanced > crypt da folder.

Then only your current Windows user will be able to access this file. If you have multiple users on the same Windows account, then YOU should really consider moving to 1 account per user.

Also, don't forget to press the "details" button near the "crypt folder" option once the encryption has been applied to get the certificate (it's a file) allowing you to access to your data from another user account if your current user account gets deleted/compromised.