Bandizip is Lightweight, Fast, and Free archiving software and it works with WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR and other archive formats. It handles the most popular compression formats, including Zip, 7z, and Rar files for free! Bandizip supports for ZIP, 7Z, RAR, ALZ, EGG, TAR, BH, LZH, GZ, BZ2, ISO, CAB, WIM, XZ, ARJ, and Z archives files and users can create self-extracting files (.EXE) and multi-volume (split) archives files.
The main advantage of this program is supporting Unicode file system. Non-English characters in file names will be displayed properly and it will be extracted without breaking international characters. When you archive multimedia files (AVI, WMV, MP3...) or archived files (ZIP, RAR, 7Z...), you can't get good compression results. These files are hard to compress and sometimes the file size could be bigger than the original one.
Bandizip's "High Speed Archiving" function will allow you to compress or bypass the files its own algorithm. It will increase the archiving speed dramatically. A number of file archiving software extract files to temporary folder, and then it copies the files to the targeted folder. Bandizip's "Fast Drag & Drop" function does not use temporary folder, and it just extracts to the targeted folder directly. It will increase the extraction speed dramatically.
Bandizip supports the following features:
- Support for ZIP, RAR, 7Z, ARJ, ALZ, EGG, LZH, TAR, BH, GZ, BZ2, JAR, ISO, CAB, WIM, XZ, and Z archives
- Support unicode to display international characters which display for filenames in archives
- Bypass the bad compression files automatically by "High Speed Archiving" function
- Extract the files to the destination folder directly by "Fast Drag & Drop" function
- Create self-extracting file (.EXE) and multi-volume (split) archives
- Optional archive encryption using ZipCrypto
- Context Menu access including "Preview Archive" function
- Create or extract multiple zip files simultaneously from windows explorer
- Free to use at both home and in the office
What's new in this version:
- Support delta, deflate algorithm of 7z format
- Support RTL (Right to Left Text) language
- Improved extracting speed when unpacking small files
- Improved SFX (Self-extracting archive) file processing
- Fixed many bugs