Hours ahead of its official launch, the full specs for Nokia's new Windows Phone flagship, the Lumia 1020, have apparently been revealed. If the leaked info proves accurate, it will have confirmed the details that have leaked in recent days, including the absence of integrated wireless charging and the lack of a microSD card slot to extend the 32GB of onboard storage.
The full spec sheet was obtained by Unleash The Phones, and while we're unable to corroborate all of the details, they're certainly seem credible to us.
The full list of specs follows:
- GSM: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
- WCDMA: 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 850 MHz, 900 MHz
- LTE network bands 1, 3, 7, 20, 8
- HSPA+ DL Cat 24, Dual Carrier 42.1 Mbps/UL Cat5.76 Mbps
- Here Location and Mapping Service: Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, free HERE transit available in the store
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal user memory
- 7GB Skydrive cloud storage
- 4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA (1280 x 768)
- 2.5D sculpted glass Gorilla Glass 3
- PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack
- High Brightness Mode
- Sunlight readability
- Super sensitive touch for nail and glove usage
1.5 Ghz dual-core Snapdragon (no word on which snapdragon processor though)
- PureView 41 MP sensor with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
- Backside-illuminated image sensor
- 6 lens optics,
- High resolution zoom 3x,
- Xenon Flash; LED for video
- 1080p video at 30 fps
- Includes Nokia Pro Camera mode and Nokia Smart Camera Mode
- Secondary Camera: HD 1.2 Megapixel wide angle
130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm
- USB 2.0
- Bluetooth 3.0
- NFC with SIM-based security
- WLAN a/b/g/n
- A-GPS and Glonass
- 3.5 mm audio connector
- 2000 mAh battery
- Wireless Charging supported via accessory cover
- IHF speakers
- 2 microphones
- HD voice compliant
- 3.5mm AV connector
Nokia original accessories
> Nokia Camera Grip PD-95G
- Confidence to take the perfect shot
- Built-in extra battery for longer usage
- Ergonomic grip with a two-stage camera key
- Universal tripod-mount
> Nokia Wireless Charging Cover CC-3066
- Effortless Wireless charging is just a snap away
- Enable wireless charging with form fitting Qi compliant snap-on cover
- Maximum talk time (3G): 13.3 h
- Standby time: 16 Days
- Video Playback time: 6.8 hours
- Music Playback time: 63 hours
* * * * *
There are a few specific points worth noting here. First of all, at 10.4mm-thick, the Lumia 1020 is very slightly thinner than the Lumia 920 (10.7mm), but a good deal thicker than the Lumia 925 (8.5mm). Nonetheless, at 158g, it's considerably lighter than the heavyweight 920, which weighed in at a mighty 185g.
Like the 925 - and the cheaper Lumia 820 - the 1020 has to make do without integrated wireless charging, but this feature is available through an optional charging cover that clips on to the outside of the handset. There's also mention here of the 'camera grip' accessory that we reported on earlier this week, including confirmation that it will include its own battery to aid in extended camera use, as well as including a universal tripod mount.
The final point that we'd like to highlight is that - as previous leaks indicated - the handset will be available in just three colours: black, white and yellow. That's a departure from other Lumia models which have so far been offered in a much broader range of colours.
All of this doesn't leave many surprises for Nokia to reveal tomorrow, although we're certainly looking forward to seeing the 41MP camera in action. We're also hoping that Nokia will announce the launch of Instagram on Windows Phone; as we reported back in April, we've previously heard that this will, initially at least, be a Nokia exclusive.
Nokia will be live-streaming the launch event tomorrow (11 July) from 11am ET (3pm GMT).