Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. You can drag and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your pictures are always organized.
Picasa also makes advanced editing simple by putting one-click fixes and powerful effects at your fingertips. And Picasa makes it a snap to share your pictures, you can email, print photos home, make gift CDs, instantly share your images and albums, and even post pictures on your own blog.
What's new in this version:
Closer integration with Online Contact Management.
- Prevent loss of online contact information.
- Added Refresh Contacts button for People Manager.
- GMail contacts no longer created from local contacts.
- Better merging of duplicate contacts.
- For the same contact, ensure data from G+ supercedes GMail data.
Better Face Tagging support.
- Stop creating duplicate online contacts for text-tags.
- Improved auto-completion for tagging contacts.
- Allow control of tag uploads on per-contact basis.
- Improved synchronization between local and online tags.
- Fix some null-pointer crashes in face tagging related code.
- Better avoidance and removal of duplicate shapes.
- Added experimental feature to write all face tags to XMP.
- Preserve size settings for album upload as default for re-uploads.
- Fixed application hang due to deadlock in directory scanner.
- Fixed problems with album sync sometimes blocking images from upload.
- Fixed problems with album sync not recognizing local changes and uploading.
- Fixed errors handling PNG files with metadata errors.
- Fixed an application hang during shutdown.
- Fix crash during audio conversion portion of slideshow creation.
- Fix crashes that could occur while accessing Picasa database.
- Fix crashes occuring during memory allocation.
- Address security issue in parsing bogus BMP data. We would like to thank coolkaveh for reporting this issue to us.
- Address security issue in parsing bogus TIFF data.
- Internal changes to accomodate G+ API changes.