Visual Studio Pro 2015 - Windows 10 support question

Question

Hello friends,

if I understand correctly on this page: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs when select download ISO file.

There is a note there:

Note: This release does not support developing for Windows 10 until July 29. Continue to use Visual Studio 2015 RC until July 29 if you are developing Universal Windows apps.

I'm not clear to understand what does that mean... any idea?

I would like to download final VS Pro 2015 edition and start using all features without limitations and the most important develop Universal Windows apps. Any idea of where can I download the updated version of VS 2015 for Windows 10?

5 answers to this question

If you already have it installed and upgraded, it should download all the extra packages through Windows Update. I would expect it to be released by tomorrow.

With that said, do remember this is Microsoft, they are an engine, lots of moving parts that some times fail us, when we most need them.

Hello friends,

if I understand correctly on this page: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs when select download ISO file.

There is a note there:

I'm not clear to understand what does that mean... any idea?

I would like to download final VS Pro 2015 edition and start using all features without limitations and the most important develop Universal Windows apps. Any idea of where can I download the updated version of VS 2015 for Windows 10?

If you install now it is showing the Universal SDK as being available. If you've already installed VS2015, Find it in programs and features and select modify. The new bits and pieces will show up (With new in brackets next to them even!).

If you install now it is showing the Universal SDK as being available. If you've already installed VS2015, Find it in programs and features and select modify. The new bits and pieces will show up (With new in brackets next to them even!).

Pretty interesting! thanks for sharing.. I'm going to start downloading now then...