Download steam games that require a 64bit OS on a 32bit machine?

Hello all,

First up I am aware that a pc game that need 64bit windows will not run on 32bit windows. What I want to do is, grab the day one patch (I am getting the game on disc, just cause 3) from a computer (that has east internet) that run 32bit windows and then put it onto my machine. It would quite some time to download the 3gb file on my internet so I figured that I would get it elsewhere and just copy it over.

Would such a plan work or would steam block me from downloading due to am unsupported os version?

Don't quite understand what you're trying to do, exactly.

Are you wanting 32bit patch for a game or a 64bit patch? First off, anything illegal or that circumvents legitimacy isn't allowed, and will most likely get you banned permanently.

Ok I will try to explain: I have paid for a game that is out in a few days time. It will be on disc.

My internet is slow, and I know that there is an day one update.

It would take too long to download it on my machine.

I want to go to a different place that has fast internet and get the update from there.

Trouble is that computer run 32bit windows.

Would steam let me download the update on a 32bit computer?

Ok I will try to explain: I have paid for a game that is out in a few days time. It will be on disc.

My internet is slow, and I know that there is an day one update.

It would take too long to download it on my machine.

I want to go to a different place that has fast internet and get the update from there.

Trouble is that computer run 32bit windows.

Would steam let me download the update on a 32bit computer?

Well, a 64bit machine can use 32bit software. I don't know of any game that's 64bit.

Plus, you can't download a patch for a Steam Game, offline. You have to let steam update it, it's not the same update as the offline update.

I believe you can, but it requires a bit of work. Download it on another computer, update it, copy the directory where the game is located, and transfer it to the other device, let Steam check it, and go from there. It's worked in the past for me, but not sure how it'll work now.

On 11/28/2015, 6:29:07, BinaryData said:

Well, a 64bit machine can use 32bit software. I don't know of any game that's 64bit.

I do - it's on Steam, in fact (ANNO 2205) in addition to being on DVD. (While it's the first x64-only Steam game, it won't be the last - Ashes of the Singularity is also x64-only, and will release on Steam as well.)

Yeah we are moving towards a lot of new games requiring 64bit simply because they are requiring more than 4gb ram.  If you are a big gamer its hard to imagine why you would still be running a 32bit system unless you just dont have any money and are still on a pc from 2006 or something.