Windows 10 issue: USB alert notifications

my wife has the same laptop cooler as I do that naturally runs off of a usb port. problem is, they wiggle after time and i here the "do do da do" sound and see a notification on her screen about a usb device being recognized then later it malfunctioned (the usb connector to the cooler). which just supplies power.

any method to stop this from continually going off when she moves her laptop?

thanks, 

Chrisj1968

In the meantime ... go to Settings > Devices > USB > move the slider to "off" 

8 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Repair the ports, fix the device, or unplug whatever is causing it.

port is fine, the connector to draw the power gets loose.

4 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

In the meantime ... go to Settings > Devices > USB > move the slider to "off" 

my usb devices will still work but just won't be notifying me right?

1 minute ago, chrisj1968 said:

my usb devices will still work but just won't be notifying me right?

Yes.  Per the slider it will just disable notifying you if there are issues.

I've never disabled it ... but I'm also not having issues ... so ... yea.

Just now, jjkusaf said:

Yes.  Per the slider it will just disable notifying you if there are issues.

I've never disabled it ... but I'm also not having issues ... so ... yea.

the connector that feeds juice to the lap cooler just wiggles and my wifes system does the dedong dedong often and irritates me. it's not hurting the system. maybe a connector other than a usb would be better?

6 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

the connector that feeds juice to the lap cooler just wiggles and my wifes system does the dedong dedong often and irritates me. it's not hurting the system. maybe a connector other than a usb would be better?

I have no idea...I was just answering the question about the USB notifications.  If it wiggles ... the USB port itself could be damaged (allowing the movement).  Anyway ... it is either the port or the connector.  If other devices wiggle ... it is the port ... if they don't then it is that particular connector.

Why are you using a laptop cooler?  Such a waste (IMO) of money.

14 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

I have no idea...I was just answering the question about the USB notifications.  If it wiggles ... the USB port itself could be damaged (allowing the movement).  Anyway ... it is either the port or the connector.  If other devices wiggle ... it is the port ... if they don't then it is that particular connector.

Why are you using a laptop cooler?  Such a waste (IMO) of money.

i sit on a couch with my laptop and to keep the system cool and to protect my genitalia. I read webmd where it said heat from laptops can kill sperm, (not that I want more kids) but coolers are a good thing.

ok,  I tested my usb ports with my wireless laptop mouse receiver dongle, the port(s) (4) are good. its the coolers interface connector. all good.