Any Programs to Make Music Playlists (not as simple as you may think)?

Question

I have this set up:

C:\Music --> contains mainstream music

C:\Music\Christian --> Christian music

C:\Music\Classical --> Classical music

C:\Music\Themes and Soundtracks --> no immediate files

C:\Music\Themes and Soundtracks\Games\ --> Game soundtracks

C:\Music\Themes and Soundtracks\Movies\ --> Movie soundtracks

C:\Music\Themes and Soundtracks\TV\ --> mainstream TV programs

C:\Music\Themes and Soundtracks\TV\Series\ --> TV series-specific music (like Lost, Heroes, blah blah)

I have others and some other deeper nested folders but you get the idea.  On the whole, all tracks are named: Artist - Track Name

However, some are named like this:

Lost - Michael Giacchino - Win One for the Reaper

The Pacific - Hans Zimmer - Honor [For Oboe And Strings]

Debussy - National Philharmonic Orchestra - Clair de Lune

Prokofiev - Peter and the Wolf - March

Disney World - Epcot - Soarin'

By splitting some of the tracks up, it allows me to find tracks better when manually searching.  I've had it like this for years - in fact, ever since I started a digital library.  I have VLC player, which I use for music and drag/drop random tracks in there and let it play.

Is there a music player that will allow me to add a folder, but it won't read any nested folders?

Both Groove music app and VLC read all the folders under "Music" and add the tracks automatically, but there's a few Id'd like to exclude from the "big playlist".  I don't really want to install another program if I can help it, so I am hoping there is a way through either of those two, to purely read the current folder.

Option 2:

Put all mainstream tracks in a new folder under "Music".  However that won't solve the problem where I have other nested folders.

The likely option, but more hassle when I want to find a specific song, or browse the entire list of tracks I have.

Option 3:

Merge all music together into one folder and start using the Search more to find tracks,

This sounds scary as I'm pretty OCD when it comes to sorting the music.

Any advice from any other music people out there?

1 answer to this question

4 minutes ago, Sir Topham Hatt said:

Any advice from any other music people out there?

<Moved to Software Discussion and Support>

It's interesting that you're looking for this functionality, as I'm sure that in the past it was the other way round; people were asking for something that would list the nested folders as well as the main folder.

I'm not sure if I can think of anything off the top of my head. Since moving back to Windows I've been using Dopamine and it has worked wonderfully for me, although my music is not ordered in the same fashion as yours.