Jan

I don't see it on the downloads page  :/

+Raphaël G.

I don't see it on the downloads page  :/

Woops. Fixed! :)

+Zlip792

Congrats for taking musiX to this level, no doubt that player was amazing and I expect this would be much better. Best Wishes and keep it up...

• Like 1
Jan

Ay thank you :)

Keep up the great work Raphael :)

-

So far so good, performance is pretty darn good and the UI looks great :)

Not particularly a fan of the large 'dopamine' logo in the centre of the titlebar however.

• Like 1
Skiver

YAY!!!!!

I'll make sure this gets some good use over the next week :)

• Like 1
tsupersonic

Nice! Just a suggestion, you should have more default colors (I assume these are coming in future builds), but I do love that you can create create custom color schemes easily!

• Like 1
+Zagadka

Looks very nice, ++ on the UI. I'll see how it works.

One thing I miss in most players is a thin horizontal mode to play on top of other windows.

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.

Looks very nice, ++ on the UI. I'll see how it works.

One thing I miss in most players is a thin horizontal mode to play on top of other windows.

That can be done. I've created a Task in Visual Studio Online (which I use to manage my projects) so I don't forget about it.

floopydoodle

Fantastic UI design. I would say the only thing that bothers me is the huge custom title bar font. It's not common to see that, that's why it sticks out. It feels somewhat tacky.

Leave the custom font for splash screen and/or product branding.

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.

Nice! Just a suggestion, you should have more default colors (I assume these are coming in future builds), but I do love that you can create create custom color schemes easily!

That will probably happen. I didn't have much inspiration for nice looking colors yet :rofl: And indeed, you can add colors yourself too :)

Mando

Very slick mate, FYI it runs perfectly fine in W10 TP x64 ;)

Anibal P

Looks really nice!

Am already using it, will of course report any issues/errors

+Zlip792

I have few personal suggestion, if it could be possible in future builds.

- Duplicate Song Finder

Means find same songs and then suggest to extract out each copy of them in one separate folder and delete rest of files from other folders.

Scenario:

I have 5 to 6 folders, About 50+ songs will surely repeat in them, so I want to delete all songs from these folders and extract them in one new folder (to make new collection properly).

Just if it possible. It sleek looking UI.

- Option to start Dopamine right after setup finish, like usually software have tick mark to allow opening software after installation

I hope you don't mind these suggestions in just preview release. I know you will do good job with this player.

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.

Ay thank you :)

Keep up the great work Raphael :)

-

So far so good, performance is pretty darn good and the UI looks great :)

Not particularly a fan of the large 'dopamine' logo in the centre of the titlebar however.

Fantastic UI design. I would say the only thing that bothers me is the huge custom title bar font. It's not common to see that, that's why it sticks out. It feels somewhat tacky.

Leave the custom font for splash screen and/or product branding.

Thanks for the tip. I'll sure think about that. There are some ideas spawning in my head :)

+Raphaël G.

I have few personal suggestion, if it could be possible in future builds.

- Duplicate Song Finder

Means find same songs and then suggest to extract out each copy of them in one separate folder and delete rest of files from other folders.

Scenario:

I have 5 to 6 folders, About 50+ songs will surely repeat in them, so I want to delete all songs from these folders and extract them in one new folder (to make new collection properly).

Just if it possible. It sleek looking UI.

- Option to start Dopamine right after setup finish, like usually software have tick mark to allow opening software after installation

I hope you don't mind these suggestions in just preview release. I know you will do good job with this player.

I don't mind at all. Thanks for the suggestions. I've added these 2 as tasks in my Project.

• Like 1
TAZMINATOR

Dopamine?  Sounds like "Drop a Mine"

KABOOM!

:p

Good job!

• Like 1
chrisj1968

Raphael.. that is absolutely amazing! That looks a lot better than most commercial programs out there. definitely will be downloading this.

Please, whatever you do, DO NOT SELL this. everytime someone sells an awesome program like this, it ends up being destroyed. where do I donate?

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.

Raphael.. that is absolutely amazing! That looks a lot better than most commercial programs out there. definitely will be downloading this.

Please, whatever you do, DO NOT SELL this. everytime someone sells an awesome program like this, it ends up being destroyed. where do I donate?

Thanks a lot!

Concerning selling. I don't think we have to worry about that yet :) It's still very far from doing what it should.

There is a donate button in the application's About screen. It leads to my PayPal link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZHEXYNH8ALM5N

chrisj1968
  • Like 3
chrisj1968

I pointed to my music folder but for some reason it didn't list the music that I have. I just simply pointed to "this PC/Music" I have some ripped CD's but a larger amazon music folder too.

for the time being, point to the folder above where the mp3 files are.

Raph, could you code it to list our songs by pointing to our thisPC/music folder? some have a huge selection of music like I do. then have it search subfolders? hope I'm not asking alot since I have such a massive collection of music. 

+Raphaël G.

ok I'm a disabled veterean on a fixed income but, when I can this month, near the end, I will definitely donate. this is awesome.

Don't worry too much about it. It is very optional :)

I pointed to my music folder but for some reason it didn't list the music that I have. I just simply pointed to "this PC/Music" I have some ripped CD's but a larger amazon music folder too.

What audio format are your files? I forgot to mention (I did with musiX, but didn't think of it for dopamine) that it only supports: mp3, ogg, flac and m4a/aac.

Also, under Settings -> Collection, it should show you the folder you pointed to. Has "this PC/Music" been translated to the actual path on your computer?

+Raphaël G.

for the time being, point to the folder above where the mp3 files are.

Raph, could you code it to list our songs by pointing to our thisPC/music folder? some have a huge selection of music like I do. then have it search subfolders? hope I'm not asking alot since I have such a massive collection of music. 

I'm ready to do a lot, as long as I understand the problem :rofl:. On my computer (however I'm not excluding this might react differently on other machines), when I point it to "This PC/Music" this is automatically translated to the actual path where "This PC/Music" is located, which is "c:\Users\Rapha

Osiris

Looks awesome Raph.

WMP does the job for me but tempted to try this due to the cool UI.

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.

Looks awesome Raph.

WMP does the job for me but tempted to try this due to the cool UI.

Thank! And no worries. Feature-wise, I'm no match for WMP yet :)