Former Employers still Paging Me

So, as the title states, My former employers are still paging me with outages. I get texts/phonecalls at 4AM in the morning or throughout the day. It's happened 3x this month alone, and frankly I'm tired of it.

What I've done so far is;

1. Texted my former Lead and requested he remove me from the paging system. He said it was done. I have proof of it as well.

Received another notification, this time at 4AM.

2. I contacted my recruiter and spoke to him. He said he would take care of it, and make sure it wouldn't happen again.

Well, I got a level 4 page today. Now I'm ######...

What do I need to do or can do? Clearly the message isn't getting around that I no longer work there. I have one of the higher ups at my former contractors, I was thinking about mailing them. I'm not very happy about this. This is absurd, especially for a Fortune 500 Company. So, what I'm asking is, should I contact my former boss's boss, as well as my recruiters boss and let them know people are screwing up?

I would contact the highest person up and let them know if you are not removed from the paging list, you will be sending them a certified letter with a bill for your time. You are no longer employed with them, no reason they should be asking you for anything and it is unacceptable the be receiving messages at 3/4/5AM when you now have a new commitment.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I would contact the highest person up and let them know if you are not removed from the paging list, you will be sending them a certified letter with a bill for your time. You are no longer employed with them, no reason they should be asking you for anything.

From both sides? The company I worked for, and the company I was contracted too?

6 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

From both sides? The company I worked for, and the company I was contracted too?

I would say the company you worked for as long as they are the ones still contacting you.

22 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

let them know if you are not removed from the paging list, you will be sending them a certified letter with a bill for your time.

Good tactic.

I had a similar experience once with an ex-employer; I mentioned in an e-mail that any further communications between us would be parsed by my lawyer.

I didn't have a lawyer but I never heard from them again.

block their incoming text number on your phone. Then setup a conditional forward to send any calls from their paging service number to something really bad, like a phone sex line, the FBI, or the whitehouse main switchboard, etc. Then lulz...

Email sent. The contract manager has been notified, and he's looking into it. I didn't email the other party simply because I want to leave on good grounds. I did mention that if it continues, I'll be billing them for a weeks worth of pay. Which is 4 days, $1300. Don't think they want to pay that :p If not, I'm more than happy to call my land lord and have her sue them for me. She LOVES to sue people and drown them in legal documents. Kind of why I haven't bought this place yet, I'm scared of doing business with her!

It's always a good idea to stay on as good terms as possible with your previous employer. You never know what the future may hold, after all.  You might need them for a reference, or maybe even your old job back... Telling them to please fix it or you''ll have to bill them for time is probably the best way forward.