Getting more than one copy of the same email

Yes if someone replies to this topic I would get an email that someone have replied (as expected) however I been getting a second email with the same content.

Anyone seen this before?

6 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Anyone seen this before?

Yes.

It occasionally happens with other notifications, such as a notification that someone has quoted a post.

Was the reply edited or appended to? If someone replies within a couple of minutes it is merged into the same post. I will test this for you by doing a new reply after this one.

This is a new reply that merges with the same post.

5 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Was the reply edited or appended to? If someone replies within a couple of minutes it is merged into the same post. I will test this for you by doing a new reply after this one.

This is a new reply that merges with the same post.

No, it's the same email sent twice. It's like me pressing "submit Reply" and the content gets posted twice. Also it doesn't always happen.

Ok found email in my inbox, sending details VIA PM now.

Said this to Daniel via PM, but just in case anyone else was affected by this. I've made some changes to our email config on our end. If anyone sees duplicate emails again, please let me know and I'll have a futher look into it

• Like 2

On 8/20/2016 at 10:18 PM, DaveLegg said:

Said this to Daniel via PM, but just in case anyone else was affected by this. I've made some changes to our email config on our end. If anyone sees duplicate emails again, please let me know and I'll have a futher look into it

I've seen it happen again, do you want me to PM you the headers again?

• 4 weeks later...

I think I found the cause of this issue, I got a feeling that the forum and your CMS are both sending emails when a reply is made. It seems that the double emails only happens in the front page news forum.