Posting

9 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Well that post didn't seem to duplicate. :p

It might be related to a specific subforum, do you have an example post?

This is a serious bug. Please treat it as such.

It's driving me insane considering I reported this bug back in May:

• Like 3

I've just made a test post and that didn't seem to duplicate. Other posters are writing there as well without it duplicating...have you tried clearing your cache etc.?

I have reported it and @DaveLegg said he'll look into it at the weekend, the same thing is happening with news comments too (even though we disable the Submit button on posting).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I've just made a test post and that didn't seem to duplicate. Other posters are writing there as well without it duplicating...have you tried clearing your cache etc.?

Happened to +jnelsoninjax once, and Hum twice.

Makes posters look dumb. :/

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

It happens mostly from mobile devices. You tap save, and it says Saving... hangs, and when it finishes it will often duplicate. Its not a connectivity issue; it does it on LTE and WiFi as well. I've never seen it happen on a PC. I suspect that the browser times out without getting a 200 from the server after a successful posting, refreshes, causing a new POST and you get copies.

46 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

happens all over for me, i just don't care enough since it doesn't double my post count :laugh:

But then you lose that post count when the mods decide to remove all the duplicates.

19 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

But then you lose that post count when the mods decide to remove all the duplicates.

you are right: GUPPY POST COUNT: 20,288

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Hiding posts does not alter member's post count.

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hiding posts does not alter member's post count.

I meant if there were duplicates due to the posting bug. The mods would delete those & the post count would be reduced.

4 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I meant if there were duplicates due to the posting bug. The mods would delete those & the post count would be reduced.

Posts are not deleted, we hide them.

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

So reasons that only a few people in the staff team know or understand?

Reasons every mod is informed of when they join the team.

Just now, Andrew said:

Reasons every mod is informed of when they join the team.

Hmm, alright. I'm going to assume it's a quantity thing as I remember the origins of the Random Picture Thread.

I've had this happen on PC's, which is the only thing I use when visiting Neowin.

Off topic, but I have reported it before and will mention it again though, is why when clicking the REPLY button, does it still ALWAYS quote who I'm replying to.

32 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

I've had this happen on PC's, which is the only thing I use when visiting Neowin.

Off topic, but I have reported it before and will mention it again though, is why when clicking the REPLY button, does it still ALWAYS quote who I'm replying to.

Which reply button? Is this on the news side of things, rather than in the forums?