Linux Mint with Cinnamon will not boot after install.

I have a Dell Mini 1012 with 1GB RAM. It was running Windows 10 but very slowly so I wiped it and installed Linux Mint 32 bit from the US Download Mirrors (I did it twice from a couple of the university mirrors). It installs fine, but after it installs and I reboot I get the Mint boot screen with the little dots blinking across and it runs a few times and then just hangs on one of the dots and does not boot. Does anyone have any idea why? I've installed it twice from different mirrors and still get the same problem. I've even installed Ubuntu and have the same problem. I have also tried both 32 and 64 bit. Kinda frustrating. 

I'd appreciate hearing if you have any idea what is going on.

If you press the escape key during boot, you should be able to see what part of the boot cycle you are failing at.

Is that Dell 5 or 6 years old? You might have to consider the problem to be hardware related, particularly if you're having problems with numerous different OS.

I'd blame your GFX card. As of late, I noticed that my 750Ti wasn't working right.

You download version 18?

16 minutes ago, freqnasty said:

Is that Dell 5 or 6 years old? You might have to consider the problem to be hardware related, particularly if you're having problems with numerous different OS.

It is. But I thought it meets the minimal requirements.