GTX 570 upgrade or OC ?

Neowinians, I'll write this one short. I currently own a GTX 570 with 3x Windforce cooling yet my fans are rattling very very loud. I have no artifacts or other problems with it.

If I am to change its cooling it will cost me over 70$ at minimum.

My question is.. is it worth it? Should I wait another 2 years with a better cooler and more overclock, will my 4 years old GPU handle the next generation of gaming?

Perhaps I should just sell my card and buy a new one? How far is a GTX 570 OC from a 770 performance-wise? (real-time performance/fps).

I don't need AA enabled in games, ubersampling or any other extreme settings. Textures are important to me and the current monitor resolution is 1680x1050!

Thanks in advance.

i5 3450

8gb ram 1600

will my 4 years old GPU handle the next generation of gaming?

No. The so called 'next-generation' of gaming will be 4K, which would require for most people, a whole new PC. That would include a much beefier version of todays video cards to do. Hell, even the top of the line Titan GTX is currently unable to push 4096p@60fps. 

What it boils down to is you are still running a 4 year old GPU and you seem like you want to be able to play any game you throw at it, on decent settings at least. 

Saying that, you basically have 2 options:

1. Stay with what you have now, give the card a really good clean out for dust, and hopefully it will keep you going until true next gen cards arrive.

2. Buy a new 700 series card, sell your current one, and hope that it will do you for 4-5 years until 4K GPUs are ready, which you should be able to afford no problem.

What id do is definitely sell your current card and upgrade to a 700 series GPU. 

Thats my 2 cents. 

I'd need to know a little more about the rest of your system specs before giving a definitive answer.

Right now though, I'd say to wait until the higher spec Maxwell cards come out from NVidia later this year.

They'll be a bigger bang for buck than anything out now and more power efficient than what's currently available with Fermi or Kepler

They will even integrate ARM cores for added functionality, so they'll be more general purpose too.

I won't be playing 4k in the nearest future, perhaps 1080p if I change my monitor. I wonder what the 800's will bring and if its worth to upgrade now or just wait. The real question is.. is my gpu going handle the games wich will arrive next year?

Thanks for your advice and quick response!