The PRE game fun...

I'd vote for myvanishingpoint being out of game too.

Maybe, just seems weird it was registered by the same company 15 days before vanishingpointgame

I am not sure if this has been noticed, but IMO, TH ST ND RD stands for 4TH, 1ST, 2ND and 3RD; maybe this is the order for the PIN code provided:

ORIGINAL: 5813

"DECODED" 3581

If 3581 has not been tried, could someone do that?

Yup! that works. It gives the same message "Good job! Now go to the antepenultimate directory"

Edit: spelled antepenultimate wrong... corrected

Man why can't some 1 just hack vanishingpointgame to find all the directories;) it would be a lot easier:)

[edit] just tought of the login at NeoVenus, got the source but im not great at html, does this look ok/help at all???

<th width="34%" align="right" valign="baseline" scope="col"><p class="style10">USERNAME<br>
								  <br>
					  PASSWORD</p></th>
						  <th width="66%" align="center" valign="top" scope="col"><form name="form1" method="post" action="/login.php">
							  <p>
								<input name="user_nm" type="text" id="user_nm7">
								<input name="pass_wrd" type="password" id="pass_wrd6">
								<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
								<input type="reset" name="Submit2" value="Reset">
							  </p>

Edited by ADEPT2

Man why can't some 1 just hack vanishingpointgame to find all the directories;) it would be a lot easier:)

I don't think we'd really "win" that way..

It's like looking at the answers page in a puzzle book before you begin.

It would be, but...

1. The flash codes are all verified on the server-side

2. Brute-forcing the directories could be considered a DoS attack

3. It's not as fun as trying to solve it :p

wow i just googled vanishingpointgame found that the people behind this are reveling each new page as we find them! google.com [search]

aslo theres this page vanishingpointgame.com/now.asmx?WSDL that makes no sense to me:/ but u never know.

[edit] oh and again a possiable, theres a picture at http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/de.html that looks a lot like its come from a game, mabe that could help?

wow i just googled vanishingpointgame found that the people behind this are reveling each new page as we find them! google.com [search]

aslo theres this page vanishingpointgame.com/now.asmx?WSDL that makes no sense to me:/ but u never know.

As far as i know google works on the basis of "sites linked to sites", i.e. it will only show those sites that has been mentioned on the net elsewhere. This also means that unless someone finds a new part of the main site and links it in a forum like this, google cannot spider [read] them in.

cant believe it.. 89 pages and neowinians cant solve it.. no point in even starting then I guess.. :)

We need another hint from loki :p but it seems she vanished...

Post number 1337 ;) Yes that was lame. I apologise.

I'm starting to wonder if there's much we can do before the 8th. I'm out of ideas for now but am just checking the non-puzzle pages every so often to see if I get inspiration.

Post number 1337 ;) Yes that was lame. I apologise.

I'm starting to wonder if there's much we can do before the 8th. I'm out of ideas for now but am just checking the non-puzzle pages every so often to see if I get inspiration.

Maybe this is the EOL

end of the line lool

:x maybe that was why the laptops "appear", well at least to some people :'(

Hey L0ki, give us a call if the game isn't over... :D

I got a Loki note, without a puzzle box. Whenever I get the puzzle box, I'll post it.

Yeah you got it with the media center right? The box will be the same as what we've all received so no point posting it.

[edit] oh and again a possiable, theres a picture at http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/de.html that looks a lot like its come from a game, mabe that could help?

Neovenus is part of ANOTHER Alternate Reality Game for the XBOX360 Game "Lost Planet".

Here is a "story so far" on unFiction where this game is being discussed under the banner [NEVEC.]

Maybe, just seems weird it was registered by the same company 15 days before vanishingpointgame

Yup! that works. It gives the same message "Good job! Now go to the antepenultimate directory"

Edit: spelled antepenultimate wrong... corrected

OK, I see what happened there. The original code being input as 35813 was just lucky ... the voicemail system just ignored the last number, as it was designed to only take four numbers. It think this might be the first time someone figured out why the PIN was "wrong". Nicely done!

Ok, I know it's already been said, and I know the thread is 90 pages long... but PLEASE try to read through it. It's going to be silly trying to solve anything if you don't know where the game started.

As for this:

Do we have any proof that shes loki?

I speculated earlier that the purpose of the notebook was simply to show us that indeed the woman in the video is Loki. The /biography page obviously reflects an understanding of advanced mathematics that is reflected by the advanced physics seemingly represented on the notebook in the video.

Don't rule out the purposefulness of the content of the notebook, but remember: this is still all PRE GAME. It's just to give us a head start and get us excited. The real game begins on the 8th. We may just have to sit back and keep an eye out.

If there is anything left to do, it would be to e-mail the bloggers who recieved laptops and ask about a note from Loki and a cypher key. Can ONE person volunteer to do that? If nobody does, I will happily do that. (It would be good to post a draft first so that we can all make sure you've covered everything)

Anyone noticed that when you play the 1234.mp3 file fast and analyse the waveform, there is some sort of message hidden.

I tried morse-code. If you see the big vertical things as 'letterseparators' and the other ones as normal separation, you get the following:

short, short-long-long, short-short. In morse this is E,W,I. Anyone has a clue as to what EWI could mean?

Something with numbers perhaps? e = 5, W = 23, I = 8 coordinates perhaps?

post-73162-1167412640.jpg

Anyone noticed that when you play the 1234.mp3 file fast and analyse the waveform, there is some sort of message hidden.

I tried morse-code. If you see the big vertical things as 'letterseparators' and the other ones as normal separation, you get the following:

short, short-long-long, short-short. In morse this is E,W,I. Anyone has a clue as to what EWI could mean?

Something with numbers perhaps? e = 5, W = 23, I = 8 coordinates perhaps?

That was already solved. Ignore the bottom of the waveform and turn it 90 degrees clockwise. It says "FILE".

I know we already discussed that taking over the company was a ridiculous grand prize, BUT

I JUST saw this on the news. Bill Gates announced that he will be taking the back seat in 2007 after 30 something years of work.

Bill is gonna be at CES speaking on the 7th, probably still there on the 8th. The game timer ends on the 8th at the same location where Bill is going to be.

He might be officialy announcing a retirement or something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know i'm a one post wonder but I have been following the clues and solving them myself. Kudos to the person who solved the Picross, and i guess the person who solved the Sudoku also. Sudoku's are too popular to not have been solved, I'm sure many people also solved it. Not many people know about Picross (a.k.a. Nonograms), so I was excited when I saw that clue. To my dismay however I was a day or two behind everyone. I stumbled across the orignal clue box here...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/community/default.mspx

I love this game and am very interested in following along and contributing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was behind until around page 50 or so and that is when I was caught up and following along since then. I just now created an account because I finally felt like I have something to contribute.

The recurring pattern is that we are given a clue, then we solve the clue. It seems right now that we are out of clues, but I'm sure more will follow.

Circumambulation is the movement around a holy object, or of a holy object.

Name some Holy objects in ;

LAS VEGAS

LOS ANGELES

SYDNEY

MIAMI

AUSTIN

PHOENIX

SINGAPORE

BERLIN

LONDON

TORONTO

SAN FRANCISCO