The PRE game fun...

Now I feel like an idiot. The locations and times on the Circumambulation page are all for Vista launch events. Perhaps these are just where they'll be giving away things, and the rest of the Vanishing Point game is something different? One can only hope ...

I am new to the Forum, but have been following this whole game. Can anyone validate these launch events(If this statement is even accurate). I live in Phoenix and would be interested in knowing where this is going to be taking place.

Circumambulation is the movement around a holy object, or of a holy object.

From Wikipedia:

Circumambulation is the act of walking around something. It is a crucial part of rituals surrounding the Kaaba in Islam. According to Arab Gateway, "The minimum rituals that must be performed by all pilgrims are wearing ihram, standing at Arafat, and the second circumambulation of the Kaaba. Others may be omitted on payment of kaffarah (expiation)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumambulation

... it's not the only religious theme/refrence they've put in the game (sand on the seashore). No one's really focused or worried about it though ...

I just noticed something with the countdown clocks. They have now moved to different days for expiring. The main page ends on Feb 7th 8:54am (US, AZ time) from my computer. And the countdown clocks on the Circumamculation page now have Las Vegas on the 9th of January at 1:30am (US, AZ time). I think Las Vegas is actually one hour earlier than Phoenix. So it may be 9th of January at 12:30am. Can someone else check this to verify?

Did some checking on the clocks when they countdown to zero. If you move your computer clock foward and let them each run out. They don't get to zero. I know others had breifly mention this. Maybe it is a program error or maybe the number each ends at is a code.

This is what I got.

Vegas

00:00:00:00:015

Los Angeles

00:00:00:00:046

Sydney

Miami

Austin

Phoenix

Singapore

Berlin

London

00:00:00:00:031

Toronto

San Francisco

Seattle

And also the Main Page clock was

I am new to the Forum, but have been following this whole game. Can anyone validate these launch events(If this statement is even accurate). I live in Phoenix and would be interested in knowing where this is going to be taking place.

And I thought I was the only one in Phoenix here :p

NASA's curious stance

Dennis Tito's space vacation has been a real eye opener. How ironic is it that Russia is pursuing the next great capitalist endeavor, the commercialization of space, and NASA officials are fighting tooth and nail to keep space as their own proprietary playground. NASA has kept a virtual Cold War communist stranglehold on "their" frontier.

There is something seriously amiss when an American businessman must go to the Russians and give them $20-million to hitch a ride on a rocket. There must be hundreds of citizens who would gladly undertake the same training and cost for a flight to see the ultimate vista. Why can we send a teacher to space, at taxpayer expense, but not someone who is willing to pay?

Since NASA is limited in its exploration of space due to financial concerns, how could making room for one space vacationer be a bad thing? For safety? Dennis Tito's successful flight shines a light on the lie that only professional astronauts are capable of space flight.

Worse still, NASA wants money from Russia for all the "stress" Tito has placed on the thousands of people ensuring the bloated space station's safety. A guy making zero-gravity home movies, forced to spend most of his time in the suddenly segregated Russian section of the orbiting wonder, is going to be charged because we allowed him to go? So now NASA wants money? How can you object to the whole thing and then take money for it? It's obvious NASA officials have figured out they missed the boat on this one and should have charged Tito themselves from the beginning.

This is the strangest case of roll reversal ever.

-- Jeffrey Thuma Rodgers, Spring Hill

http://www.sptimes.com/News/050901/Opinion..._should_b.shtml

I just noticed something with the countdown clocks. They have now moved to different days for expiring. The main page ends on Feb 7th 8:54am (US, AZ time) from my computer. And the countdown clocks on the Circumamculation page now have Las Vegas on the 9th of January at 1:30am (US, AZ time). I think Las Vegas is actually one hour earlier than Phoenix. So it may be 9th of January at 12:30am. Can someone else check this to verify?

Did some checking on the clocks when they countdown to zero. If you move your computer clock foward and let them each run out. They don't get to zero. I know others had breifly mention this. Maybe it is a program error or maybe the number each ends at is a code.

This is what I got.

Vegas

Los Angeles

Sydney

Miami

Austin

Phoenix

Singapore

Berlin

London

Toronto

San Francisco

Seattle

I THINK WHAT HAPEND IS THAT WEN COUNT DOWN REACHES ZERO IT OPENT A NEW DIRECTORY BUT THE DIRECTORY IS NOT UP YET SO IT JUST STOPS THERE :shifty:

Don't know if this is a coincidence - apparently its an xbox game site - but it talks about the 8th of January, and space flight...

http://www.tourbitaerospace.com/pr.html

Found on an unrelated forum on unfiction

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17446

theres a flash srolling message with beyond tommrow under it, its in braille i think?

to late to do it all now im going to bed, so some1 ealse have a go.

[edit] the braille stands for "you are getting closer to the prize." its was too exciting not to work it out;)

Um.... guys? That's a totally different ARG. Unfiction has been covering this one since it started in mid November. There is a "story so far..." thread at http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17695 and a wiki at http://wikinevec.wetpaint.com/ . I wonder if this is where all the "the prize is going to be a trip to space" speculation came from? Unless someone discovers a unified field theory of ARGs that ties them all together, you can be pretty darn certain that the following sites are not part of the Vanishing Point game:

http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/

http://www.tourbitaerospace.com/

http://www.thermalregulator.com/

http://www.antarcticresearch.net/

http://www.alfredalan.com/

Ignore most of my last post. It seems that now when I went back to the mainpage the clock was back to the original ending time. It seems that if you change the date on your computer while you are on one page it changes the clock, but if you go to the other page after that the clocks are not affected by your computers date change. That is what was fouling up my ending dates.

Moroz r -

I think you are right about the new directory when the clock ends, since I have since got the clocks to stop at different times.

I also found some info on Microsoft Vista Launch Events, but they don't seem to correspond to the countdown clocks.

http://www.hyperion.com/company/events/industry_events/

Edited by curtis18

This is what I got.

Vegas

Los Angeles

Sydney

Miami

Austin

Phoenix

Singapore

Berlin

London

Toronto

San Francisco

Seattle

15 is one of the Lost Numbers :shiftyninja: :p

K, So i've read some really interesting theories about "Vanishing Point"... what the prize is, what the clues and answers are... and I think, in all logical sense, if the pic on "http://www.tourbitaerospace.com/pr.html" (the beyong tomorrow scrolling image) really has braille in it and it translated to "You are getting closer to the prize", with all the talk about blackholes and singularities (Posted by TheRa)... it has to be a trip into space... :rofl: the only thing i dont get is all the puzzles, never seen puzzles like them before and dont know where to start :cry: :blink: . The other thing is why were some people selected to be "Decoders", where are these people, and has anyone actually contacted Microsoft to check if all of this is real?!?! Noddy badges for all of you people who have found all this stuff out, has been real interesting and cant wait to see what happens on the 8th...

Latas from S.A

Agent J a.k.a VPHunter

K, So i've read some really interesting theories about "Vanishing Point"... what the prize is, what the clues and answers are... and I think, in all logical sense, if the pic on "http://www.tourbitaerospace.com/pr.html" (the beyong tomorrow scrolling image) really has braille in it and it translated to "You are getting closer to the prize", with all the talk about blackholes and singularities (Posted by TheRa)... it has to be a trip into space... :rofl: the only thing i dont get is all the puzzles, never seen puzzles like them before and dont know where to start :cry: :blink: . The other thing is why were some people selected to be "Decoders", where are these people, and has anyone actually contacted Microsoft to check if all of this is real?!?! Noddy badges for all of you people who have found all this stuff out, has been real interesting and cant wait to see what happens on the 8th...

Latas from S.A

Agent J a.k.a VPHunter

Please read the posts. Beyond Tomorrow is a completely different ARG. It's not related to this.

There is something seriously amiss when an American businessman must go to the Russians and give them $20-million to hitch a ride on a rocket. There must be hundreds of citizens who would gladly undertake the same training and cost for a flight to see the ultimate vista. Why can we send a teacher to space, at taxpayer expense, but not someone who is willing to pay?

I knew it. I just knew it.

For rvreyonr who really thinks that the grand prize would be a trip into space, think aboutthis picture:

A 380 lb 5'2" person with a heart condition & diabetes wins - exactly HOW would they get to go into space? It would never happen.

Whatever the grand prize ends up being it has to be something that a complete unknown winner can accept. Which means anything that requires a certain level of health or physical fitness is probably NOT THE PRIZE.

A more realistic prize where your name would be known is something like having a new space shuttle named after you, the ultimate vista may be a feed that only you have access to from an orbiting satellite, but seriously, a trip into space - I doubt it.

For rvreyonr who really thinks that the grand prize would be a trip into space, think aboutthis picture:

A 380 lb 5'2" person with a heart condition & diabetes wins - exactly HOW would they get to go into space? It would never happen.

Whatever the grand prize ends up being it has to be something that a complete unknown winner can accept. Which means anything that requires a certain level of health or physical fitness is probably NOT THE PRIZE.

A more realistic prize where your name would be known is something like having a new space shuttle named after you, the ultimate vista may be a feed that only you have access to from an orbiting satellite, but seriously, a trip into space - I doubt it.

I can just see all the people at Microsoft reading your comment and saying "d'oh! why didn't we think of that" :rofl: Seriously though, I agree... it's very unlikely that it's a trip to space.

Except that a trip on Virgin Galactic is very possible. No one ever said it had to be on a shuttle.

i havn't read all the posts...way to much reading, and i'm not sure if u guys have discussed this before, but the book the lady is reading is about two people, namely Theodosius and Zosimus.

dunno if it has any relavents but it might be interesting to look into it.

listed below are a few web sites that discuss the topic of the two. :huh:

http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/zosimus04_book4.htm

http://www.vitaphone.org/history/zosimus.html

or maybe i'm completly wrong. :D

Please read the posts. Beyond Tomorrow is a completely different ARG. It's not related to this.

I did read all the posts in fact, all 91 pages up until last night... first of all, it was late :sleep: and second of all... um... exactly... but seriously now... if its not a trip into space, then what is it? Have Microsoft finally gone all out and by some unknown powers, while trying to perfect Vista, they stumbled upon something that allows them to time travel? :lol: Just kidding, but what madTdog says is true, there are two people in the herodotus book, and something I found, Donatello and Masaccio where two Italian rena... rena... artists in the 1400's, who used curve linear perspective drawing and some other type.. cant remember... what was I gonna say? oh yeah... no... thats not it... oh wait... NASA have Logistics vehicles namerd after famous Italians from the 1400's which deliver payloads from shutlles to ISS.. and dont you think its a little strange as well that the story of Herodotus and Zosimus just happens to take place in the Roman Empire in a little place called Italy? References to sand and stars... have no idea... however, in those days (1400's), weren't the stars, or space itself, considered to be heaven? And the ultimate vanishing point is the curvature of the earth btw... thanks and latas, have to go shopping..

Ta-Ta

Wasn't Microsoft working on a Google Earth rival?

Yes... and no.

maps.live.com is aimed at giving directions more than 5 minutes of 3D world viewing fun... but recently Microsoft began testing a 3D version which not only had many features of Google Earth, but it outdid it on some aspects (eg. textured buildings).

Circumambualtion: wouldnt this be the "circling" or circulation of whatever it is that Microsfot is planning to release or giveaway? or it could be the person that would be famous, almost worshipped like a god? Wouldnt he be obscurly considered holy then? Just saying you know.. maybe we looking into this too deep...