WMP12 streaming to Xbox 360

Does anybody have this working in Windows 7? I'm not talking about using the entire Windows Media Center interface in Xbox 360... I'm just navigating on the 360 to "Video Library" then my computer name is listed, and inside I can see the folder names where content should be. However, they are just showing empty folders.

Under Windows Media Player 11, avi files displayed and played fine, as long as they were in the Windows Media Player Library. On Windows Media Player 12 I've got the same set up but nothing is showing.

(Yes I do realize I can use things such as Orb or Tversity. The point is that these files should be able to work in this way without transcoding.)

Anybody have any suggestions on setting this up? Is this working for anybody else, or is this just a beta product acting like a beta product?

Na could not get it working also, Im still using my old xbox(softmodded) to play all my movies, it supports more formats. But back to the question, No and it you do could you let us know how.

It works for me once I had media sharing enabled, it picked up the 360 and allowed it, and it works fine. On the 360, the videos all show "can't play" icons but they do play once you press Y.

It DID take a long time for everything to add to the library however. You might also want to check the sharing preferences, as I think by default it's set up to only share anything 2 stars or higher.

• 4 weeks later...

I found an actual fix that does not require replacing the WMP12. It is simple really, as it is stupid.

Step 1. Add media to your library.

Orginize >> Media Libraries >> Videos (select the desired Library to add to) >> Remove old folders you do not want to share and add the folders you would like to share.

Step 2. Allow the Streaming.

Stream >> More Streaming options? >> (usually it will come up with a button that says Enable streaming, if it does click this) Then Give your share a name, also locate the Xbox360 and in the drop down select ?allowed?.IMPORTANT PART:T: I had done all this and it still was not working for sharing.. getting a message in the 360 about ?No Videos FoTHE FIX:E FIX: still inside the Stream >> More Streaming options? >> Next to the Xbox360 is a Customize option, click this >> Uncheck ?Use defualt Setttings? and then check the box next to ?Make all of the media in my library avalable to this device?this device?

Now everythign should be working correctly.

-Tombstonex

I found an actual fix that does not require replacing the WMP12. It is simple really, as it is stupid.

Step 1. Add media to your library.

Orginize >> Media Libraries >> Videos (select the desired Library to add to) >> Remove old folders you do not want to share and add the folders you would like to share.

Step 2. Allow the Streaming.

Stream >> More Streaming options? >> (usually it will come up with a button that says Enable streaming, if it does click this) Then Give your share a name, also locate the Xbox360 and in the drop down select ?allowed?.IMPORTANT PART:T: I had done all this and it still was not working for sharing.. getting a message in the 360 about ?No Videos FoTHE FIX:E FIX: still inside the Stream >> More Streaming options? >> Next to the Xbox360 is a Customize option, click this >> Uncheck ?Use defualt Setttings? and then check the box next to ?Make all of the media in my library avalable to this device?this device?

Now everythign should be working correctly.

-Tombstonex

doesnt work

It works for me once I had media sharing enabled, it picked up the 360 and allowed it, and it works fine. On the 360, the videos all show "can't play" icons but they do play once you press Y.

It DID take a long time for everything to add to the library however. You might also want to check the sharing preferences, as I think by default it's set up to only share anything 2 stars or higher.

yea i found that out too, had to change this and all worked fine!