Mozillazine shutdown

so in ur mind when they said have u donated yet it means they are out of money? LOL u freak its the LOAD!!! not the money, the money is just for new servers:P tsk tsk

Err... they post that message all the time. They'll be back up in a day or two, this happens everytime a new version of Firefox comes out because they get so hammered.

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of ppl download special builts from other guys and these builts are on other servers.. So the download stuff bandwitdth is not on this server...

so in ur mind when they said have u donated yet it means they are out of money? LOL u freak its the LOAD!!! not the money, the money is just for new servers:P tsk tsk

understand it like the way you want but right now, there is no forum ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of ppl download special builts from other guys and these builts are on other servers.. So the download stuff bandwitdth is not on this server...

You don't realize how much stress forum software puts on a server.

Well it is text, along with graphics ( the buttons and stuff ) Now think of it like this, everytime you view the forums, it has to come up with all that. It may not be much if only one person is viewing it at a time, but the Mozillazine site and forums were hammered when Firefox and Thunderbird come out. A lot of people grabbing a little bit of data each is the same as one person grabbing a huge download

explain me because no I don't :(

A forum is text for me and no huge file to download...

It has little to do with the content that comes to you, it's the amount of work that must be done to generate that page. There's a fair complex script running that forum and it needs a lot of horsepower to run.

ur post was around 5 hours after I posted the news.. but yeah its back online

Yes, but your post stated they were shutdown because of money problems. Also, there must have only been a small period of time where they were not there, since I spent most of the day visiting.

Scrags havent built anything FireFox yet

he will tomorrow, well I hope so because I love his builts...

His FireFox build was up yesterday ~10am PST. You just gotta scroll down to it :p

they aren't actually closing down are they - its not shut down either.

They want some more money to move onto a new server, and are accepting new donations to do this. I have no doubt that they will probably meet their targets; if that doesn't work i imagine the site will be absorbed by the mozilla group = thus no more problem.