does anyone else want the wavy window effect

do you want the wavy window effect in longhorn  

118 members have voted

1. 1. do you want the wavy window effect in longhorn

• yes
    • no
    • yes with easy disabling

does anyone else want the wavy window effect in lh? I really like it...even if it has nothing to do with user interface.

although i do believe the user should have the option to easily disable it whenever they please

post-83-1081629594.jpg

let me rephrase the question: would you mind if effects like this were built into Longhorn so users could download different animation themes...not just window dressing themes...because for me....i'd like to just have the windows classic look but with smooth effects..

i think animation should have a larger place in the Theme world

for example, what makes mac os x cool looking is the smooth animation of its UI, and the way the GUI is built...aka dock/Menu bar on top (leading to cleaner simpler windows) not only the colors and shapes of icons and their windows

umm, do you actually believe the windows are going to be like that all the time?

they were just demonstrating what is possible, not what it is going to happen

at best this will be a screensaver

Is just what it can do.

And apparently(just woke up a few mins ago so cpuld be wrong) that the GUI Aero effect will not be a respurce hog as it will be used via the graphics card memory and lil impact on that as well.

umm, do you actually believe the windows are going to be like that all the time?

they were just demonstrating what is possible, not what it is going to happen

at best this will be a screensaver

No. I do not believe they will be like that all the time. I do however think the user should have the option of (like i said) easily abling or disabling this window effect

Is just what it can do.

And apparently(just woke up a few mins ago so cpuld be wrong) that the GUI Aero effect will not be a respurce hog as it will be used via the graphics card memory and lil impact on that as well.

right..if aero is not a resource hog...why not let users turn on animations... especially if you can easily turn them off as well...

The question still remains... why would you want wiggly windows? If I want some crappy animations on my windows i'll boot up windows 98 and put on the 60s era whirlpool screensaver :laugh:

If you can turn it off, then why the hell not?

Why would anyone want visual styles, and fading menus, and for gods sake, support for 32-bit images?

If everyone shared the attitude of "We don't need that, it doesn't serve any useful purpose!", we'd all boot up and

C:\>

If you can turn it off, then why the hell not?

Why would anyone want visual styles, and fading menus, and for gods sake, support for 32-bit images?

If everyone shared the attitude of "We don't need that, it doesn't serve any useful purpose!", we'd all boot up and

C:\>

Visual styles, fading menus and 32-bit images all make Windows look half-decent... more than can be said about this feature. :rolleyes:

Visual styles, fading menus and 32-bit images all make Windows look half-decent... more than can be said about this feature. :rolleyes:

Exclude fading menus from that and sure.. what purpose to fading menus serve? None really, Just eye candy..

Cool to play with but remember it was just an example of what the engine will be capable of and i'd doubt MS will include the ability to wave your windows around lol.

i would definatly like noncpu slowing effects in lh. this specific wavy one though is a little annoying after a couple times. however, one where the windows scales down into a square with a side the size of a taskbar item and then goes down into the taskbar would be cool, or just a simple V going down into the taskbar. if they can pull this off and make it both efficient and professional, definetly.

i would definatly like noncpu slowing effects in lh. this specific wavy one though is a little annoying after a couple times. however, one where the windows scales down into a square with a side the size of a taskbar item and then goes down into the taskbar would be cool, or just a simple V going down into the taskbar. if they can pull this off and make it both efficient and professional, definetly.

So basically what OS X does with it's windows since 2001? (Scale effect) :p

Can't wait to see this in a Windows version that will be released in 2006!! :whistle:

So basically what OS X does with it's windows since 2001? (Scale effect)

Can't wait to see this in a Windows version that will be released in 2006!!

I love how Mac users bitch and moan when "The Evil 1337 M$ Users" start picking on OSX, and then we see a little gem like this post and now we find out who really starts those flamewars.

What is it with Longhorn bashing? Is it that the OSX users are afraid that they will no longer have expensive elite GUIs? As far as I'm concerned, you Mac trolls can go twiddle your one button mice...

You ****** mac users, you don't even know for example that Expos? was stolen from abandoned Microsoft project from 1999. Apple does nothing but steel other peoples ideas, rebuild them and name them their own and they have done that since the beginning. Microsoft does that too but you all go screaming when Microsft "steals" from the thiefs at Apple! You Mac users must realise that these graphical features of longhorn are NOT the important features, they are a minor extra to all the other features but you go ahead and keep judging that book by it's cover.

You ****** mac users, you don't even know for example that Expos? was stolen from abandoned Microsoft project from 1999. Apple does nothing but steel other peoples ideas, rebuild them and name them their own and they have done that since the beginning. Microsoft does that too but you all go screaming when Microsft "steals" from the thiefs at Apple! You Mac users must realise that these graphical features of longhorn are NOT the important features, they are a minor extra to all the other features but you go ahead and keep judging that book by it's cover.

Don't forget to mention that Apple stole the fast user switching idea from Microsoft;))