Problem with VGA Driver

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum although I've been reading topics and announcements very often. I have been experiencing a problem with my VGA driver ever since I upgraded to Windows XP Home Edition.

My VGA Driver is by SiS, fullname: SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740. A side note is that I installed the AGP Driver before the VGA Driver. Now the problem:

After I've installed my driver and rebooted, none of the settings seem saved. The Device Manager shows that the Monitor Driver has a problem and there's an error code stating that the device cannot start. The problem is temporarily rectified by uninstalling the driver, then scanning for new hardware through the device manager.

I've tried upgrading my driver before, but it gives more problems, with keyhook.exe not being able to detect ?GetMonitorName in SiSApCom.dll. I have another computer with almost the same hardware specs and by not installing the AGP Driver (because the CD from the motherboard manufacturer did not include it), the VGA driver actually has no problems.

As a side note, when I initially tried to install the VGA Driver after a few reboots (though the add new hardware wizard), it could copy files but the end result was an error message stating that "Access is Denied".

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem? If not, I would just have to reinstall Windows XP again.

Thanks in advance,

Alt3rn4t|v3