Longhorn Slate

Hi

I was looking for Longhorn PDC Slate theme and those I found had many errors so I desided to make new. This should be 100% correct. U can download copy from Here.

slate_2k3.jpg

Edited by Joni_78

It's 7mb unpacked, theme is 1,6mb and wallpaper 5,5mb. Theme bmp's were .png's in Longhorn so I desided to keep those like that insted of converting to bmp's.

Nice to hear you like it =). I packed those with WinRAR now, also added start menu flag. I might do shellstyle when I have more time. There should be white shellstyle.dll in XP windows/system32 dir, it looks pretty much like the one in Longhorn.

I've tried the search function but nothing came.

how do I change the flag in the start menu button and how to change the file copying animation?

ps. the theme is awesome.

In explorer.exe you need to replace bitmap #143 to change the flag. For the file copy animation delete AVI #160 and 161 in shell32.dll. You can use Resource Hacker to do this, and to replace I usually boot into windows recovery console with Windows CD and copy the files (copy c:\windows\new\shell32.dll c:\windows\system32). Explorer.exe can also be replaced in safe mode but im not sure about shell32.dll. I'll add patched W2k3 and XP SP1 files later. Also remember that file copy animation is far from final, it's not transparent so background color only match with Slate theme.

Can someone post a screen shot or two of what the toolbars look like? My Computer or Control Panel or IE would be good. The reason is I have SP2 and can't run this Theme right now and I would like to see what the screens look like.

Very nice and usable :)

First time I use a slate theme more than 5 minutes ;)

Nice in Macromedia apps and Photoshop ! Exept the white application background...