[icon] Silk Alloy V1.1

Hi all,

here's the updated version of the very small silk alloy set of application icons taht work well with Rokey's Smooth Metal set. I've added Miranda IM and MS Money 2004 icons to the set.

I have Rokey's permission, but they are not rips, rather they are 'in the style of'.

I'm posting here rather than the completed forum as I will probebly keep adding icons to the set over time.

I hope you all enjoy them.

Update: Now Version 1.3.5, Has a Half Life 2 icon and two new firefox icons.

As request now contains a HL2 Multiplayer Icon.

Ignore the link below use this link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12211448/

post-7842-1102094583.png

Edited by Gunbuster

• 1 month later...

NP thanks for the nice comments.

Hombre: any icons you would like made within reason? (nothing to obscure so that others would benefit from it).

Would it be possible for you to convert the png's to icons so I/we can change icons. I converted them using XnView but they are not transparent. I don't think it's possible to save files (or is that open? ) in PS as .ico so I don't know how you'd do it. The icon library doesn't help if you want to change a specific icon not available in IconPackager.

Winamp come with rocky smooth metal app pack if im not wrong....

Rocky? Who's Rocky? :laugh:

Yes, I just noticed Rokey's set comes with Winamp. Silly me. :pinch:

Would it be possible for you to convert the png's to icons so I/we can change icons.? I converted them using XnView but they are not transparent.? I don't think it's possible to save files (or is that open? ) in PS as .ico so I don't know how you'd do it.? The icon library doesn't help if you want to change a specific icon not available in IconPackager.

Actually I use the free icon plugin for photoshop (I'm using Photoshop elements) from here http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/

It has a max size of 128x128 pixels tho, but does 32bit icons.

The proper icons are kept in the .icl icon library for neatness, you can open them with iconshop 1.20 alpha from http://users.pandora.be/liontech/Downloads.htm

Once you've associated .icl with iconshop it will make your life much easier, as they work like normal icons, but contain more than one.

Usually you can only change the shortcuts to programs, this is done by rightclicking the shortcut and selecting properties and changing them there. I believe you can replace Firefox's real icon, but I don't know how.

In order to change Firefox's icon place the icon under x:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\icons\default with the name main-window.ico . You can change icons associated with Firefox by reshacking firefox.exe .

@Gunbuster: I've downloaded IconShop, thanks.

Result when creating main-window.ico :

post-42-1087689236.gif

Edited by .::PHPfanatic::.

• 1 month later...