Exeem Screenshots - Build .16 Beta

Heres a more up close look to exeem, including its config options etc....for those who like technical stuff

slashdot info:

"First, Exeem really isn't an extension of Suprnova as the hype might have you believe: the connection between the two seems more marketing than anything else. Sloncek has been hired to promote their product as the heir apparent to his popular website, but his involvement really seems to be almost entirely PR. It'll work obviously: my headline on this story mentions Suprnova, and so will hundreds of websites around the world in the coming days. "Yet another p2p app" would not create anywhere near the waves that "Successor to Suprnova Announced" will. I hope that people judge exeem by its own merits and not by its (clever) marketing.

Second, Exeem is pretty much what was rumored earlier: a blending of the tracker, the BitTorrent client, and decentralized indexing. It's Windows only. It's in beta now, and will be out at some indeterminate date in the future. It also has a rating and commenting system which appears to be somewhat rudimentary. It's unclear to me if the rating system will be as useless as other attempts, and I think this is the critical thing: Suprnova succeeded because the content available on it was verified and trustworthy. Suprnova was as much the work of a few dozen editors as it was a list of torrent URLs. So far no other p2p system has achieved that level of accuracy. Exeem supports magnet sites which is a start, but not exactly p2p either. And did I mention that it's adware?

Third, there's a mystery company. Someone is paying Sloncek. He won't say who, but there's a history in the p2p world of secretive development. Since Exeem is to be adware, someday it will have a billing address, which means the legal issues faced by predecessors like Napster and Kazaa will be forthcoming, which is of course why we have a mystery company that Sloncek won't talk about in the first place. We definitely haven't heard the last of this. "

post-63991-1104697122_thumb.jpg

Heres a more up close look to exeem, including its config options etc....for those who like technical stuff

585217410[/snapback]

what dose it do? :blink:

Perhaps if you had a serial key you could show us what it looks like downloading files... seeing that all of us can just install it and move the serial box over to the side to reveal the main program. :sleep:

Thank you very much tktino, that's exactly what I wanted... :yes:

Looks very good... it has a lot of potential, but I hope it works out - it would be a shame if it just flopped or got shutdown.

AFAIK, the Suprnova people didn't develop this.. they're just pushing it under their name.. the company behind the program is still unknown.

if you ask me, this whole concept is morronic. they're ruining Cohen's vision of BT.

Thank you very much tktino, that's exactly what I wanted... :yes:

Looks very good... it has a lot of potential, but I hope it works out - it would be a shame if it just flopped or got shutdown.

585217470[/snapback]

No problem dude. Gotta say. its really fast. Compare to kazaa or ares. Xdcc still cant be match thou

Gotta say. its really fast. Compare to kazaa or ares. Xdcc still cant be match thou

Yeah, I always found bittorrent to be the fastest for downloading what I wanted... eMule and others are notoriously slow.

If the rating system works well then hopefully the network won't be overrun with fake files and viruses.

Perhaps if you had a serial key you could show us what it looks like downloading files... seeing that all of us can just install it and move the serial box over to the side to reveal the main program. :sleep:

585217433[/snapback]

I never said I had the key, and some people still dont know what it is.

:rolleyes:

And maybe some people dont want to download it eh?

The 6000 keys is rubbish, I just downloaded it off eXeem and it says, "You guys are so dum. Just because they are random numbers, don't mean they are real serials". lol

The 6000 keys is rubbish, I just downloaded it off eXeem and it says, "You guys are so dum. Just because they are random numbers, don't mean they are real serials". lol

585217775[/snapback]

Wow.