Problems with Xiricom PCMCIA Ethernet Card

I have a laptop with slackware installed on it, and it has a Xircom RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56 Card. It used to work under Madrake 10.0, but dosent now under slack 10.0. I can't seem to get it to work. It is listed under lspci (if this has any relevance)

BTW, as you probably noticed, im new to the Linux world... :blush:

Any ideas to what the problem is and any solutions? I hear Xircom Cards usually work under Linux.

Thanks for any help :D

---Other Questions---

Is there any quick way (i.e. Script) to add Kmenu itmes to the Fluxbox (Which i normally use)?

I can't get any sound and under KDE i get the error Device "...dev/dsp can't be opened..." , the sound didn't work under Mandrake either so... I got it from someone who didn't want it anymore so maybe it dosent have any sound device, although it looks like it has speakers :wacko: . BTW its a Dell Latitude CPi

Edited by The Napster

you need to modprobe the right module for the xircom nic. "modprobe -l" and go through the modules.

you will also need the pcmcia_cs package and service.

585338421[/snapback]

Ive got PCMCIA-cs 3.2.7 installed.

Since im quiet new, what am i suposed to do after "modprobe -l", a ">" apears and then i dont know what to do... :wacko:

Tnaks for any help...

I just tried it with knoppix Live-CD, and the net works fine. Do you think that a new install of Slack will help? O well il try some more and then i might as well install Knoppix...